LG G3 keeps shutting down

av4lanche

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
so when I'm in the middle of using any app the phone shuts down and won't turn on unless I remove and put the battery back in. it happened a few times before and I don't know what's causing it nor what to do. :: android 5.0 v21a.EUR.xx ::

Posted via the Android Central App

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you are having the problem. You could try and put the phone into safe mode. This will turn off a lot of background apps that may be causing the problem.

1. Press and hold the*Power button*(located on the back) until Phone options is displayed then release.Touch*and hold*Power off*until Restart in safe mode is displayed.From the Reboot to safe mode prompt, tapTurn on safe mode.
2. This restart process may take up to one minute to complete.*
3. Upon restart, Safe mode appears in the lower left of the unlock/home screen.

If it's still happening. While in Drive Mode, get your data back-upped. I am on Verizon so I use Verizon Cloud. You can also backup everything about your phone using LG's backup, buried in Settings, Backup and Reset. You'll see LG Backup at top. You can backup to an SD.

After Backing up your phone's data, Factory Reset. Upon reset, I would set up as new phone (not bringing back a potential bad behaving app). Good luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klystron