LG G3 loses sound after Marshmallow

Lothorin

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello there,

I have a LG G3 recently updated to android 6.0 Marshmallow from 5.0 Lollipop.
After the update it lost it's sound. Ear speaker works fine and the earphones work fine as well.
The main speaker produces no sound at all. Tried hard reset/rebooting but nothing happened.

Any help? :/

Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try Safe Mode as well: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30130. If the problem persists, then either the firmware is bad or the speaker coincidentally failed at the same time you updated. The latter seems unlikely (although not out of the question). If you're on Verizon, you could try reinstalling the firmware using the Software Upgrade Assistant: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-164676/&token=dRDsaeUR. (I'm not sure if the G3 on other carriers has this option, though.)

Lothorin

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for my late reply,

I tried the safe mode and.. nothing! :/
Unfortunately I live outside the States, no Verizon user. I'll try reinstaling the factory ROM with the 4.2.2 Kitkat and then ugrating to 5.0 and 6.0 checking the speaker.

Thanks for everything!

Lothorin

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi there.

After a while, I re installed factory rom (with 4.2.2. kitkat) --> nothing
Installed 5.0 and 6.0 --> nothing.
The speaker now didnt worked even with the factory rom. :$
Although, the speaker sounded one or two random times (when I loaded a video it sounded for 1-2 secs and then it stopped ) so I know that probably the speaker does work.

Weird things are happening :p

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone rooted? If so, has it been otherwise modified, besides reflashing the stock firmware?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hm, sorry -- I'm not sure what to try next. Hopefully someone else here might have some ideas!

meatdraw

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm having this exact problem. Any updates/solutions? I honestly think the amp for the external speaker is cutting in and out. My sound sometimes comes back while watching a video but it's usually a little "crunchy" sounding - moments of static as it comes in and out. It's a bummer not having the ringer work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi