LG G3 What text app are you using?

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I use Hangouts with the Google keyboard, somehow the LG G3's stock messaging app won't work smoothly with the Google keyboard.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: What text app are you using?

Are any of you with Verizon and using something else other than Messages+? If so do you still get your LED notification when you get a text message? The reason I'm asking it since an update to Messages+ over a week ago I no longer get any LED notification that I've received a text message. So I was wondering about switching to some other form of text message app to see if that would return my LED notification. Although I also no longer receive LED notification of calendar reminders either so the two might not be related.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

Are any of you with Verizon and using something else other than Messages+? If so do you still get your LED notification when you get a text message? The reason I'm asking it since an update to Messages+ over a week ago I no longer get any LED notification that I've received a text message. So I was wondering about switching to some other form of text message app to see if that would return my LED notification. Although I also no longer receive LED notification of calendar reminders either so the two might not be related.

I use Textra and the LED notification works fine. Try turning off LED notifications in main Settings, restart the phone and reactivate LED.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

I use Textra and the LED notification works fine. Try turning off LED notifications in main Settings, restart the phone and reactivate LED.

See that's the dilemma. If I restart the phone I think it's going to force the Lollipop update which I do not want. Verizon's suggestion was to turn off the phone, pull the sim card, and then restart the phone. I have no clue how to get to the sim card and then there;s the update issue..

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I use hover chat. Really like it but it seems to have some issues with MMS at times. It will ALWAYS revert to data from wifi when sending or receiving an MMS. I dunno, maybe it's meant to work like that, but I'd certainly rather use wifi. Other than that though it is great. I love the ability to reject or directly reply in the window no matter what app I am in.

My biggest gripe with texting apps these days is that they are all going to a subscription pay system. I will never use a texting app on a subscription. Paying $5 or so as a one time payment maybe, but not a subscription. If they all go that way, I'll just be using the stock app.

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Stock is just plain ugly. I just recently got the phone and immediately put Google Messenger on it from the play store. Clean, simple, everything works.

But now you guys are making me want to try Textra. Which I think I will.

droidguy17

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

I was using default sms app but sometimes it lags, so i shifted to hangouts , its more like a All in One Package

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site

Well I tried this, which is a pretty neat trick just by itself, and turned off notifications, powered off the phone and restarted it, turned notifications LED back on......still nothing. Reinstalled Light Flow......still nothing.

Verizon Messages plus updated again this morning but there was nothing in the update notes about solving the LED situation. The puzzling thing is that calendar notifications don't work either. Audible tone but no LED. That's why I don't know if changing text apps will do any good or not. If it was just text messages notifications not working then I would lean towards changing apps to fix it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hengwin