LG G7 ThinQ, weird messenger scrolling Android 10.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Ever since the android 10 update, my stock messenger app scrolls really weird. Not a lag like some people described, but a weird flowy type thing that is obviously what it was designed to do. Who knows why. To annoy people maybe?? Just like most ridiculous pointless stupid "updates". When I'm reading text messages and looking for a particular message, if you scroll (up or down) it starts slow then suddenly the other messages catch up like a waterfall action. Which means I scroll past the message I'm looking for and have to scroll in the other direction, and more waterfall action and past it again. . . you get the picture. Is this part of android 10 "gesture" b.s.?? Is there any way to turn it off?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds more like poor coding on the part of LG for their messaging app -- maybe they didn't optimize it for the Android version update. If it bothers you a lot, try installing a different messaging app like Google Messages.

By the way, these updates aren't ridiculous, stupid, nor pointless. Major Android system updates include a lot of improvements in terms of features, performance, and most importantly, security. It's up to the individual manufacturers to make sure all of their apps and other tweaks work well with the base code, so issues like this are due to the phone manufacturer, not Google. If you'd like a more reliable update experience, then in the future consider a Pixel phone.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the android 10 update, my stock messenger app scrolls really weird. Not a lag like some people described, but a weird flowy type thing that is obviously what it was designed to do. Who knows why. To annoy people maybe?? Just like most ridiculous pointless stupid "updates". When I'm reading text messages and looking for a particular message, if you scroll (up or down) it starts slow then suddenly the other messages catch up like a waterfall action. Which means I scroll past the message I'm looking for and have to scroll in the other direction, and more waterfall action and past it again. . . you get the picture. Is this part of android 10 "gesture" b.s.?? Is there any way to turn it off?

Out of curiosity which carrier are you on? And you did you buy the phone from the carrier?