LG/Oreo update: Low light camera test (Bright Mode)

omalek

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Here is my test for the new features of the camera in low light, and especially the new Bright Mode.
For the manual mode, this is not a test. It was with the auto settings (button on the right) just for reference. We know that it can deliver a better pic.

Auto: Bright mode OFF

Auto Mode.jpg

Auto: Bright mode ON

Bright Mode.jpg

AI Mode:

AI Mode.jpg

Manual Mode: Auto settings

Manual Mode.jpg

Gcam: Arnova v7Beta9

Gcam.jpg

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
What I want to know is are we supposed to leave bright mode on and the phone will determine when it needs to combine pixels, or will it always combine pixels when bright mode is on? If so, I'd want to turn it off and only turn it on when taking photo's in low light.

omalek

May 21, 2015
Visit site
@DFranch
When Bright mode option is activated in the settings, this mode is engaged only in low light condition and can be desabled/enabled with a new button that appear on the screen. In good condition this mode is not engaged and we can not force it to engage too.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
@DFranch
When Bright mode option is activated in the settings, this mode is engaged only in low light condition and can be desabled/enabled with a new button that appear on the screen. In good condition this mode is not engaged and we can not force it to engage too.

Thanks! Are you saying that when the AI detects low light and wants to use Bright mode a button that appears on the screen allowing you to disable it? That's how I'd want it to work.

omalek

May 21, 2015
Visit site
@DFranch

Yes. But it's within the regular Auto Mode (fortunately) not in the AI mode.
The AI mode is handling the scene (a person, a lunch, sky, nature landskape...) and not about light

Thanks! Are you saying that when the AI detects low light and wants to use Bright mode a button that appears on the screen allowing you to disable it? That's how I'd want it to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sherrymae34