LG V20 Software updates.

kbagrows

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
I have a factory unlocked V20, US996 model. I also just got an alert for an update - US99610n (1136.59 MB). Will download and install after work, and will report back. I'm betting it's a security update, which will be much welcomed given KRACK, etc.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I got an update this afternoon.
0f9de93dd0bf21e845f7b18501a9a751.jpg

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Agreed,I have tried everything,last update was April 2017 with never updated under update history tab.
Also phone is in Canada.
I was told bring it to the at@t store in USA for updates.
I think best buy USA will update as well.
Will wait for Oreo,then do while traveling.

Yeah with AT&T, you can't update it without SIM + AT&T service. Best way to update is buy a cheap pre-paid AT&T sim with cheapest plan and update it. Or you can borrow a friend's sim or maybe even ask someone at AT&T.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got an update finally after a long time. Surprised the US unlocked version got something. Does anyone know the exact changes with this update?

Screenshot_2017-12-11-23-35-16.jpg

kbagrows

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
FYI - my update last night was pretty quick and easy, and the phone seems to be running a tad faster today. Will update in a few days with additional thoughts, but so far, I'm pleased with the update and very pleased to have a more recent security patch.

Be Be 32

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Its why I got BlackBerry Unlocked Keyone all up to date

Yes, they are very slow with Operating system updates. I have a Priv and Dtek 60 still on Android Marshmallow. I can not see myself spending $549.00 usd for a Key one with a underpowered 2016 processor and 3gb ram and 32 go of storage. Picked up LG V20 for half of a Key one and have much better camera, screen, processing power and more storage. Keyone beats v20 in battery life.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they are very slow with Operating system updates. I have a Priv and Dtek 60 still on Android Marshmallow. I can not see myself spending $549.00 usd for a Key one with a underpowered 2016 processor and 3gb ram and 32 go of storage. Picked up LG V20 for half of a Key one and have much better camera, screen, processing power and more storage. Keyone beats v20 in battery life.

You need to look at the Black Keyone 4/64 version more horse power under the hood is the one I have and its great, the camera is really goodIMG_20171208_0704143.jpg

Be Be 32

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
You need to look at the Black Keyone 4/64 version more horse power under the hood is the one I have and its great, the camera is really goodView attachment 275695

Nice photo. I heard the BE Keyone was better with 4gb of Ram and 64gb of storage. It does not lag. Keyone does share the same camera sensor with the Pixel. What is funny...The Blackberry Motion comes out 6 months after K1 and TCL put a low end camera sensor (Not Pixel sensor) in the Motion. Mr. Mobile mentioned that in a recent Crackberry podcast.

I was forced to grab another phone since Goggle will stop Security updates on marshmallow BB phones sometime in 2018. This is my first LG phone and I am happy with the hardware and software on the phone.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Nice photo. I heard the BE Keyone was better with 4gb of Ram and 64gb of storage. It does not lag. Keyone does share the same camera sensor with the Pixel. What is funny...The Blackberry Motion comes out 6 months after K1 and TCL put a low end camera sensor (Not Pixel sensor) in the Motion. Mr. Mobile mentioned that in a recent Crackberry podcast.

I was forced to grab another phone since Goggle will stop Security updates on marshmallow BB phones sometime in 2018. This is my first LG phone and I am happy with the hardware and software on the phone.

The V20 is a sweet phone that is why I have not sold it and keeping it as a back up along with my BB classic

who knows what TCL is thinking

Thanks on the photo comment

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

A lot of people don't know nothing about LG and talk about how terrible their OS is, it's very lightweight, speedy, and reliable. I rarely get app crashes and freezes, phone still runs fast. Battery is optimized and very reliable, I actually don't need to swap batteries really.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people don't know nothing about LG and talk about how terrible their OS is, it's very lightweight, speedy, and reliable. I rarely get app crashes and freezes, phone still runs fast. Battery is optimized and very reliable, I actually don't need to swap batteries really.

I do need to swap batteries out, but I am a pretty heavy user.

But other than that I agree with you, LG skin is pretty great

Be Be 32

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
The V20 is a sweet phone that is why I have not sold it and keeping it as a back up along with my BB classic

who knows what TCL is thinking

Thanks on the photo comment

Hammer just came down on the BB Priv. Blackberry just announced Security updates will stop immediately. DTEK 60 is next...glad I jumped to LG. We will have to see if TCL support their phones for the long haul. It would be sad if they do not update the Keyone and Motion to Android P. They have not supported their Acatel branded phones that well with OS updates. My LGV20 has been updated with current Security updates.

Be Be 32

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site

I am really enjoying my LG V20. It is by far better than my current Blackberry phones in every way. I am looking to invest in LG's ecosystem (Smartwatch, Tablet, Laptop). I will snag the V30 the latter part of 2018. I am sold!!!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am really enjoying my LG V20. It is by far better than my current Blackberry phones in every way. I am looking to invest in LG's ecosystem (Smartwatch, Tablet, Laptop). I will snag the V30 the latter part of 2018. I am sold!!!

What, I didn't know LG made laptops!? I'm sold on LG too, very impressed with their quality hardware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank