LG V40 announcement

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
There's a LG V40 press event place holder on YouTube. Can't speak to the quality. I feel like this happened with the G7. It was a private event but someone put some crappy feed up. Here's hoping this isn't that. Or, you know, there's actually public coverage.

https://youtu.be/LVgMb0u8byE
That would be great if it is a public event and being streamed in good quality. Private events keep the consumers out of the action and kinda kills excitement when we have to get second hand information.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why LG wouldn't stream it and build the buzz? OH YEAH......it's LG Mobile, they seem to do things 180 degrees from everybody else! :p

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why LG wouldn't stream it and build the buzz? OH YEAH......it's LG Mobile, they seem to do things 180 degrees from everybody else! :p
Lol exactly. Let's keep it a secret and then tell em. Let's see how much LG has grown from the past. Will we get pricing and availability information today or "in the coming weeks"? Will the V40 be available within the same month of it's launch or next month as rumored? These are the key things I will be looking for tonight.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Even if there's no coverage of the event, like RaRa85 pointed out, Michael Fisher (among others) has the phone. After the embargo is lifted I expect content today regarding the device.

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I do miss that DAC and hifi recording... If they only kept up with the software updates!

Hopefully, they announce some sort of software commitment as well, instead of just a hardware showing.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
That would be great if it is a public event and being streamed in good quality. Private events keep the consumers out of the action and kinda kills excitement when we have to get second hand information.
Okay, well I don't expect good quality. The video feed is posted by the same guy that did the horrible G7 announcement. Just had to scroll through his post.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well LG has finally grown up. The price may be a bit steep but I'll take it $920 plus we get in on October 12th? LG has never been that fast at releasing a phone in recent memory.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Kind of disappointing, I was considering coming back from Pixel 2, likely not now.
- Wide angle is only 107 degrees, down from 120.
- Shipping with Oreo
- Photo comparisons on Tom guides against Samsung is not good. So will have to again port the Pixel software for good photos.
- Wide angle for the front camera is only 5mp, with regular camera 8mp.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I really don't know. I'll take a look at it when it arrives at T-Mobile. We'll see. I remember the V30 reviews trashing the screen and months later I checked it out and, to me, the display looked great. And maybe an OTA improved the display before I saw it, IDK. Saying the display has improved should yield good things.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I really don't know. I'll take a look at it when it arrives and T-Mobile. We'll see. I remember the V30 reviews trashing the screen and months later I checked it out and, to me, the display looked great. And maybe an OTA improved the display before I saw it, IDK. Saying the display has improved should yield good things.

I love the screen on my V30 and I got mine at launch.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well I think I need to slow down a bit here. I like that LG has finally taken the next step in providing all information the day of the launch but the one area they took a major step back in is battery life compared to the V30. And the price is indeed steep so this leaves the door open for Google to steal the show with the smaller Pixel 3. The XL isn't even a consideration for me. If Google prices the regular Pixel 3 closer to the Galaxy S9 and the battery life is not ramrodded by the power hungry SD845, then I think that will be my next phone. If they don't do those two things I'll be just as happy with the V30 and the Google camera mod thrown on for portrait mode shots and selfies.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Well I think I need to slow down a bit here. I like that LG has finally taken the next step in providing all information the day of the launch but the one area they took a major step back in is battery life compared to the V30. And the price is indeed steep so this leaves the door open for Google to steal the show with the smaller Pixel 3. The XL isn't even a consideration for me. If Google prices the regular Pixel 3 closer to the Galaxy S9 and the battery life is not ramrodded by the power hungry SD845, then I think that will be my next phone. If they don't do those two things I'll be just as happy with the V30 and the Google camera mod thrown on for portrait mode shots and selfies.
Honestly, the more I think about it I'd be better served just sticking with my S8 and waiting for the S10. I had the Optimus G (AT&T variant), Nexus 5, the G4 and the G5. I was really thinking about going back to LG but I think I'm gonna sit tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796