LG's built in calendar widget vs...?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Being my first Smartphone, I have a lot to learn! As far as calendars go, how do you experienced guys think the one that comes on the G4 stacks up with ones from Google or others? I don't use Gmail and haven't really embraced the Google calendar on my PC, so I'm starting from scratch. I'm looking for something that syncs between my PC and phone, and that I can set audible or message reminders to events and appointments, nothing too complicated. I tried LG's once and it seemed to work OK.
Thanks!

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I use Digical which syncs well with Google Calendar, and offers better widgets (for me) than other calendar options. It was recommended to me by another forum member after I had tried what seemed like a dozen different ones without finding something I liked. I haven't tried the LG calendar, so I can't compare it to that one which may be just fine.

The critical factors for me were Google syncing, a widget for my daily schedule (this one lets browse back and forth through your days as well), and easy to add appointments directly from the widget. Digical also lets fine tune your widgets without starting from scratch which I find very helpful.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the stock calendar. Looks great and has every function I need. Unfortunately I can't use the equally impressive LG calendar widget because it can only be used with the stock launcher and the stock launcher isn't worth using. For a widget, I use Month Calendar Widget.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Calengoo....largely because my wife uses it and it is easiest for me to juggle work and family calendars....and the widget is pretty solid

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Calengoo....largely because my wife uses it and it is easiest for me to juggle work and family calendars....and the widget is pretty solid

Yes, I use Calengoo as well. For me the main benefit is how darned customizable it is, and the widget is awesome... once you figure out how to customize it ;) It also plays well with Exchange.

mawallace

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Google Calender and have found this the best. It's down to personal preference.
I have never ssuccessfully opened the stock calender. It always crashes

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I use Sunrise. The ability to select a few days & times within the app then send the resulting link to whomever I'm planning to meet with puts it at the top in my list.

I do wish the widget would allow me to scroll further ahead though. That's my only gripe.

Posted via an LG G4

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Calengoo for a number of years, but started using the stock calendar that came with the phone, and I like it and have stuck with it

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've just moved to the G4 from an HTC One M8, and I'm trying out the stock calendar, just to see what I think. In the past I've just used Google's calendar, as I liked the widget it had for agenda. I'm not thrilled with the color choice for stock, but am willing to put up with it to try it out.

I have been trying to figure out how to use Event Pocket. Anyone familiar with that?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Being my first Smartphone, I have a lot to learn! As far as calendars go, how do you experienced guys think the one that comes on the G4 stacks up with ones from Google or others? I don't use Gmail and haven't really embraced the Google calendar on my PC, so I'm starting from scratch. I'm looking for something that syncs between my PC and phone, and that I can set audible or message reminders to events and appointments, nothing too complicated. I tried LG's once and it seemed to work OK.
Thanks!

Since you're new to smartphones, my advice would be to embrace everything Google. It all (Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Keep - for note taking and list making) syncs up so seamlessly to your G4 Android, as well as any other phone you might migrate to in the future. In addition, everything that's on your phone is accessible from any computer, anywhere you go. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the app solutions listed in this thread, but the the nice thing about using Google's native apps is that they are all already on your phone, so you don't have to waste phone resources with other applications. A lot of people have favorite apps for this or that, and sometimes they started using those apps because they offered some customization that other apps didn't have, but most people (me included) end up sticking with an app because it's familiar. Since you're familiar with nothing right now, I'd stick with Google's stuff. In my opinion, it all works great and does the same thing every other app does. I was a former Calengoo user (like a number of others in your thread), but switched over to Google's calendar a month ago and I'm perfectly satisfied with it. If they are not there already, you should definitely make sure all your contacts are migrated to Gmail Contacts. That way, you can never lose them (regardless of what might happen to your phone) and they will automatically sync to any phone you sign in to.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If they are not there already, you should definitely make sure all your contacts are migrated to Gmail Contacts. That way, you can never lose them (regardless of what might happen to your phone) and they will automatically sync to any phone you sign in to.
THIS. Several years ago, I went through the trouble of synching my Outlook address book with Google Gmail. It was probably the smartest thing I ever did from a mobile phone perspective.

gemgarden

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I've used digical for a couple months but after comparing to the default. I like the default for g4 better so i switched back. I might try sunrise like kevin says above

gemgarden

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
THIS. Several years ago, I went through the trouble of synching my Outlook address book with Google Gmail. It was probably the smartest thing I ever did from a mobile phone perspective.

I had a problem with this because it would sync ALL the email addresses I'd corresponded with over the years (over a thousand) and I had to delete all these entries on the phone. Took a very very long time. I thought it was weird it would sync "every" one instead of just those in the contact list. So now I do syncing manually to avoid this.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with this because it would sync ALL the email addresses I'd corresponded with over the years (over a thousand) and I had to delete all these entries on the phone. Took a very very long time. I thought it was weird it would sync "every" one instead of just those in the contact list. So now I do syncing manually to avoid this.
You have my sympathy. My contact list isn't nearly as large, and I don't combine my business and personal accounts which helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter