Link to get wifi tether on GB or ICS Rezound

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

rs98hv

May 20, 2011
Visit site
On ics the tether works as it should. Just set it to cdma nexus, check routing fix and wifi driver reload.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a wireless tether like foxfi for Rezound that does not require root? Just got ICS.
I'm going to guess, as long as you don't have unlimited data, soon you should be able to tether all you want. Verizon got sued by Uncle Sam about blocking these apps.

mtech#WN

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Same question about how to tether my laptop to my newly updated ICS stock ReZound. So there isn't anything out there for us yet, we have to wait? I'm still on unlimited data.

mulishaman187

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
And how do I try to force Verizon to turn on the wifi hotspot for free?

Don't bother, I tried yesterday. The reps don't even know about the FCC settlement and unless you're on the Share Everything plan they are still charging $20. The FCC settlement really did nothing to help.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
File a complaint with the FCC. I've even heard the "Free tethering" commercials. So customer service has to know. And they can't lie and say that it's not compatible with your plan, because it's "compatible" on all C-block (read 4G) phones. Otherwise they're just looking to get sanctioned/fined again.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
File a complaint with the FCC. I've even heard the "Free tethering" commercials. So customer service has to know. And they can't lie and say that it's not compatible with your plan, because it's "compatible" on all C-block (read 4G) phones. Otherwise they're just looking to get sanctioned/fined again.

I don't know that the FCC ruling stated they had to "offer" free tethering. They just can't block free tethering if I'm understanding it correctly. They can charge for their own app (similar to VZ Navigator) but they can't block the other apps from the market anymore.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
so why arent here any apps yet?

There are. Wifi tether is one app. Granted many of these apps don't work right with the rezound, but when I had my Dinc, you had to find the apk on the web and sideload them as VZW blocked them from view on the Market/Google Play. Now they are all visible. Root is still required.

cherry919

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
What worked for me -- My Rezound is rooted, stock ICS ROM.
I installed "WiFi Tether" from the Play store (the newer one with the Yellow wifi icon) As mentioned above, under "WIFI" Choose Rezound under "Change Device Profile" also check the box next to "WiFi-driver reload" and towards the bottom of the list under "LAN" check the box to enable to "Routing Fix" Thanks to the posters in this thread, I wouldn't have figured it out without your help.:)

Last edited:

dealgurus

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Need Help!! I'm having problems with WIFI Tether on my rooted Rezound with stock ICS ROM. Everything starts up fine but I'm unable to see the SSID on any of my devices (Laptop/tablets), not sure where the problem is as I've followed all the above steps multiple times.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Need Help!! I'm having problems with WIFI Tether on my rooted Rezound with stock ICS ROM. Everything starts up fine but I'm unable to see the SSID on any of my devices (Laptop/tablets), not sure where the problem is as I've followed all the above steps multiple times.

What are your settings? Did you choose the Galaxy Nexus CDMA profile and change the setup method?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tumi