Linux makes it cooler

dagwood00

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Any other Linux users love their android phones a little bit more knowing that it is part of the open source movement? It will be cool to see what people can do while tinkering with these "super phones". The Compiz effects on a desktop are awesome, but could be even cooler with the touch interface of a phone (custom of course). I am imaging different effects for programs closing or simply returning them to the background. Slick transitions while dragging or moving to a new desktop. Live wallpaper is cool on 2.1, but I think that people would enjoy a layer of 2d or 3d effects over their own background pictures. An example being a picture of someone standing outside in the snow, while digital snow is falling and blowing over the picture (but under the icons/widgets). The same can be used for a picture of a fall day, with your favorite lady smiling at you, while leaves are falling slowly.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The Compiz effects on a desktop are awesome, but could be even cooler with the touch interface of a phone

I know it's an ancient post, but it just came to my attention with the latest reshuffling of the forums. I've got an HP Touchsmart 600 running Ubuntu and the touch screen works great. No multi-touch yet, but the driver is nearly there. Jiggly windows and touch screens are a great combination! World of Goo is also fantastic on a touch screen.

lordcliff#AC

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Honestly didn't realize android was linux based until after I bought my Incredible. The cool factor went up a factor of 10 for me after that, right after the possibilities of all the fun stuff I could do flashed into my mind.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Any other Linux users love their android phones a little bit more knowing that it is part of the open source movement? It will be cool to see what people can do while tinkering with these "super phones". The Compiz effects on a desktop are awesome, but could be even cooler with the touch interface of a phone (custom of course). I am imaging different effects for programs closing or simply returning them to the background. Slick transitions while dragging or moving to a new desktop. Live wallpaper is cool on 2.1, but I think that people would enjoy a layer of 2d or 3d effects over their own background pictures. An example being a picture of someone standing outside in the snow, while digital snow is falling and blowing over the picture (but under the icons/widgets). The same can be used for a picture of a fall day, with your favorite lady smiling at you, while leaves are falling slowly.

Take a look at HTC's sence 2.0 they have some window managment system for your home screens that looks remarkably like Compiz expo plug in... I cried a bit when I first saw it on the TBolt... Just made me happy:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord