Location only showing when phone is at home

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

LG Premier Pro suddenly stopped showing current location.

Android 8.1.0 ( LG hasn’t updated since this OS)

Find Device App ( and web) shows last location as home with “ last seen 1 hour ago “.

But when the phone is home, it shows it as “ in your hand “

Right now, family member is out with that phone, which is signed into our Google account.

Things I’ve done:

Restarted phone.
Checked location settings

*High accuracy ( GPS and networks)

*Low power location estimation is on

…..

The location suddenly stopped showing yesterday.

Any help would be appreciated.

cata nieves

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
I reset them just now. No change.

EDIT everything is updated in play store.
Also did calibrate thing- that figure 8 thing. (Sorry, not sure what it’s called)

Also, I thought I was registered- I’ve posted once before I think.
Thank you!

cata nieves

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
They don’t know how. And they want to share the location. They had me set the phone up with all apps hidden except text and phone app. Plus they only speak Spanish.

I drove with their phone tonight a few miles away…. I took my cellular iPad with me and my phone.

Find my device only showed my home as the location (last seen xxx minutes ago) when I was miles away.

when I got home, it showed it as "seen just now"
Makes no sense.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I assume you're not using a VPN, right?

Try going to the Device Administrators menu in the system settings (search for it there, since the location of that option can differ depending on the phone). Toggle on Find My Device there if it isn't already. (This shouldn't matter for what you're doing, since the toggle is to allow the phone to be remotely wiped -- not remotely located. But check anyway.)

cata nieves

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
Hmm. I assume you're not using a VPN, right?

Try going to the Device Administrators menu in the system settings (search for it there, since the location of that option can differ depending on the phone). Toggle on Find My Device there if it isn't already. (This shouldn't matter for what you're doing, since the toggle is to allow the phone to be remotely wiped -- not remotely located. But check anyway.)

Definitely no VPN. I set the phone up for them to use for texting and phone calls only

Last edited:

cata nieves

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
UPDATE:

Drove to beach with their phone- went to maps and shared location with myself for 24 hours, came back and gave them their phone as they were leaving to go to restaurant.

Just used “ find my device” and got their current location in real time.

Also checked the shared location link which is also accurate.

To all who’ve replied, thank you.:cool:

Not sure what’s going on, but it seems to be working again.

Perhaps doing all the steps mentioned + suggested - in some way, triggered something to get it back working.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh