Location symbol is on always when screen light up even

uogukremas

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
When not connected wifi or mobile network.
What has happened to my phone that the location symbol keeps appearing and no app uses location. I use messenger fb or messages for example and it turns on itself symbol near clock. There are also times when the screen lights up and shows the symbol even though the net is not connected. All programs have location permissions turned off. Before never happened. I do reset default settings. Not fix.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's strange, what about in safe mode ?
Also go to setting>apps>3 dot's upper right corner tap>special access tap>location see what apps are allowed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the location icon appearing on the left or right side of the status bar? If you swipe down the notification panel, do you see any details about it there?

uogukremas

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
Is the location icon appearing on the left or right side of the status bar? If you swipe down the notification panel, do you see any details about it there?

i domt see:( theres no APPS used recent location! when click show system app its show allow all time and ticked precise location on just weather app.. so this could be problem? but then before was same setting and dont see amything like this happemed symbol random time in bottom when i using phone or light up screen shows symbol gps and goes off. i cant upload pic on AC forum..

uogukremas

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
1. near 4g symbol showing gps random symbol
2. opened location to see what app used. empty!!!
3. i found app maybe. but not happened before even is all settings not changed. i mean (allow all time location and precised location app). received_6016445975066213.jpgreceived_1641711606262214.jpg

Sent from my SM-A510F using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not that unusual to see the location icon appear periodically. The system will intermittently check location for various reasons. The Weather app might be another reason, but I think there are other reasons for the system to check location. I wouldn't be worried about it if it were my phone.

uogukremas

Oct 30, 2022
Visit site
But why its showed gps location icon.. never seen before.... even when the settings was allow all time location in weather app.... how know what problem could be. Or malware?????

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
But why its showed gps location icon.. never seen before.... even when the settings was allow all time location in weather app.... how know what problem could be. Or malware?????

It's not malware... it's just Google tracking your every move because that's what they do ;) And there's no way to stop from being tracked besides turning off your phone, because even with all location turned off, including wifi and Bluetooth scanning, they still do background wifi and Bluetooth scanning you can't turn off, and that combined with cell tower pinging tells them where you are any time you're phones on lol.

If you don't want to be tracked then using a modern smartphone is the worst thing you can do ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

I personally don't have an issue with it... but there could come a point down the road where I might ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It may have been due to a recent update (perhaps a Google Play system update).

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
When not connected wifi or mobile network.
What has happened to my phone that the location symbol keeps appearing and no app uses location. I use messenger fb or messages for example and it turns on itself symbol near clock. There are also times when the screen lights up and shows the symbol even though the net is not connected. All programs have location permissions turned off. Before never happened. I do reset default settings. Not fix.

There are still things that will use location like when you call 911. You can't completely turn off location ever. Can't remove batteries anymore. As far as it displaying that location was used I'm not exactly sure what would be there cause. Do you also have Google location history turned off?

Also all your displayed icons and notifications are for yourself. Would it be better if it was doing it in the background without displaying an icon and you had no idea?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Don't forget even when u have location off it can use cell service to ping the tower for approximate location if location off for exact