Lock screen question

sihollies

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
I have recently upgraded to a Galaxy s22 plus from an S20 and would like to glean the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

When I missed a call or message on the S20 it displayed the caller's contact name on the lock screen, but I cannot work out how to do this on the S22 plus. I have looked for some time on Google, but cannot find the answer for this issue.

I may have enabled the setting in the 3rd party app, 'Good lock' or similar program, but I cannot remember how Ii did it

It is probably extremely simple for the knowledgable people on this forum, so I would really appreciate your advise & help if possible.

Thankyou very much in advance,

Simon

Last edited:

nnd_newbie

Sep 11, 2022
Visit site
Let's specify if you talking about Always on Display (AOD in short) or lock screen.

1) AOD is the function that allows you to display basic information all the time (or in specific condition, depends of how you configure it). AOD has just basic configuration and I haven't found the way to display anything but notification icons (I didn't even try much)

2) Lock screen is the screen you get when you double tap the screen or press power button. You have to go to Settings -> Lock screen, turn on the Notification, than tap Notification and change type of notifications from "Icon only" to "Details" and turn off "Hide content" (if it's on). With these three option you should get details about missed call with contact name on lock screen

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Let's specify if you talking about Always on Display (AOD in short) or lock screen.

1) AOD is the function that allows you to display basic information all the time (or in specific condition, depends of how you configure it). AOD has just basic configuration and I haven't fount the way to display anything but notification icons (I didn't even try much)

2) Lock screen is the screen you get when you double tap the screen or press power button. You have to go to Settings -> Lock screen, turn on the Notification, than tap Notification and change type of notifications from "Icon only" to "Details" and turn off "Hide content" (if it's on). With these three option you should get details about missed call with contact name
Welcome to AC!
Thanks for your suggestions

sihollies

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
Many thanks for the reply nnd_newbie and please excuse my misinformation.

on my past phone, after enabling a setting on an app that has completely slipped my mind, The AOD would actually state the name of the contact, as listed in my phone e.g. 'Bens Phone', and this would stay visible for some time after the missed call or message.

For example: If I had a missed call or message from someone prior to me waking up in the morning, when I looked at my phone before I even touched it, the caller's or messenger's contact name would be visible.

As stated in my initial post, I may have enabled it in the 'Notistar' module or similar in 'Finelock' or 'Goodlock', but I really cannot remember how I enabled it .

Many thanks
Simon

sihollies

Jun 15, 2019
Visit site
Many thanks,

Yes, those settings are as you described.

I think that by default the AOD screen shows an icon of say, the Whatsapp logo etc when a csll or message arrives & that is working fine, but with my last phone I somehow enabled it to show the caller's/messenger's name.

I am aware that this isnt overly important, but I just prefered the name being shown.

Thanks again,
Simon

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Many thanks,

Yes, those settings are as you described.

I think that by default the AOD screen shows an icon of say, the Whatsapp logo etc when a csll or message arrives & that is working fine, but with my last phone I somehow enabled it to show the caller's/messenger's name.

I am aware that this isnt overly important, but I just prefered the name being shown.

Thanks again,
Simon
If you like maybe show your setting for lock screen see if we can catch anything that way but if you use Samsung Good Lock double check the modules there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d