Lock screen widget. SMS/MMS removal.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
How can I remove the lock screen widget that displays my text or MMS messages. I believe that I modified every setting to get rid of this with no aval. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367771657148.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367771657148.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 83

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's already unchecked and I still get them. Either u get the actual wording of the text or if unchecked u get a generic ?new message?. Every time I wake my phone I don't need to see useless text info. Thanks for the info tho.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I turned off, any type of lock screen and now I don't have to see that stupid lock screen widget. Unfortunately I'm unable to use any lock screen widgets now. Still cant figure out why I'm forced to see a stupid text message preview when I unlock my phone. That's what the little icon in the status bar is for.......

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That works, but this way you don't get any notifications at all. Lock screen widgets should have been kept 100% stock 4.2 there should be no reason why Samsung needed to mess with that. That's like saying you constantly need a battery widget on your home screen and you can't remove it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
That works, but this way you don't get any notifications at all. Lock screen widgets should have been kept 100% stock 4.2 there should be no reason why Samsung needed to mess with that. That's like saying you constantly need a battery widget on your home screen and you can't remove it.

Well you can use a different SMS app which won't show. I think only the stock one will do that.
Try GoSMS, its a pretty good alternative

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Funny how different people are. I have to have that lock screen notification or I will never know I have a text.

Sent from my SCH-I545

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to disable this without using an alternative SMS app?

I'm using Go Locker widget and it overrides the stock notification and gives a clean, simple like number count on the message icon in the widget.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

James Gordon1

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, this is just incomprehensible to me. Switching to another SMS client didn't kill, it though it did change it to be incomprehensible, so that whoever I am sitting with does not automatically know the NAME of the last person who texted me, and the beginning of what they said. I mean who thought this was a good idea. I am sure some of us never get personal texts but. I date four people. Yes they all know about each other. No they do not want to read the latest endearment from one of the others every time my phone is sitting face up on a table. That's just rude. They built a fairly nice lock phone function into the OS, then added this piece of nonsense which makes it effectively useless to anyone for whom privacy is a concern. Having to install a third party lockscreen because of one badly conceived feature is appalling.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, this is just incomprehensible to me. Switching to another SMS client didn't kill, it though it did change it to be incomprehensible, so that whoever I am sitting with does not automatically know the NAME of the last person who texted me, and the beginning of what they said. I mean who thought this was a good idea. I am sure some of us never get personal texts but. I date four people. Yes they all know about each other. No they do not want to read the latest endearment from one of the others every time my phone is sitting face up on a table. That's just rude. They built a fairly nice lock phone function into the OS, then added this piece of nonsense which makes it effectively useless to anyone for whom privacy is a concern. Having to install a third party lockscreen because of one badly conceived feature is appalling.

You date four people? :/

Posted via Android Central App

Rashawn29

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
How can I remove the lock screen widget that displays my text or MMS messages. I believe that I modified every setting to get rid of this with no aval. Thanks in advance.

You have to disable it within the s-voice settings, where it says show body of message.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell