Locking Camera Settings

royp1942

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S21. In the camera app, every time I accidently touch the screen it changes some setting I don't want changed. It's impossible to get the phone out of my pocket and open the book style protector without accidently touching the screen. Then I have to spend time getting the settings back to "normal" before taking a picture. I have lost many good pictures because of this issue.

From my perspective the default Samsung camera app is poorly designed in terms of user friendliness.

With a real camera settings are changed with knobs, dials, and switches, and stay that way until manually changed.

Is there a way to "lock" the settings in the default camera app, or is there a good camera app that you can lock the settings so they don't get accidently changed every time you want to take a picture?

Thanks!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Samsungs camera app functions near identical to every other touch based camera app I've used, I've never seen one that locks settings and ignores touch as you wouldn't be able to adjust settings.

What settings are getting changed? Unless you are tapping on the controls in manual mode the only thing that should change by default is the focus point.

wenglish98

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I'm not the OP (and nor is my wife :D) but my wife has a hard time with the camera app on her S21+. It's constantly going into some mode she has no idea how to correct, and I can't help much because I rarely take photos and am using a Pixel 5.

IMO they need a "simple" mode, like most point-and-shoot cameras have. Maybe they have one I and we haven't found it yet.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm not the OP (and nor is my wife :D) but my wife has a hard time with the camera app on her S21+. It's constantly going into some mode she has no idea how to correct, and I can't help much because I rarely take photos and am using a Pixel 5.

IMO they need a "simple" mode, like most point-and-shoot cameras have. Maybe they have one I and we haven't found it yet.

You swipe along the bottom of the camera app to change modes, if you mess with the settings you can hide all modes except for basic photo and basic video. You've also got the option to set the volume keys to take a photo.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I carry my phone around in my back pocket without a case and have never 'accidentally' changed any camera settings. How is that happening unless you have the camera open like all the time? I'm just curious in additional context because yes, the camera needs to be open to change settings I thought.

wenglish98

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I carry my phone around in my back pocket without a case and have never 'accidentally' changed any camera settings. How is that happening unless you have the camera open like all the time? I'm just curious in additional context because yes, the camera needs to be open to change settings I thought.

It happens while she is attempting to take photos, so yeah the app is of course open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174