Logcat to become Nyancat in ICS SDK

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Just something silly I found, thanks to reddit. Someone jokingly suggested on the google-code page for Android that the Bugdroid icon for reading Logcat while debugging an Android app in Eclipse should be changed to Nyancat. Google approved the feature request and assigned someone to get it done (though it's marked as low-priority).

Link here. Thought I'd post it just to lighten up all the super-serious speculation.

nybmx

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
That's the kind of thing I love about Google. I don't expect them to go through with it but even to humor us like that is awesome.

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I would actually hate Google (or at least not love them as much) if they actually went through with something like that. For the most part, memes as well as most internet culture is pretty asinine and annoying. What's worse is when they leave the internet and enter the realms of real life. I'm very thankful they aren't too mainstream, it's bad enough you hear teenagers annoyingly spout the word "epic" and "fail" to the point of disgust. But I would hate things more if we had those same douchey teeny boppers and those "grow-the-hell-up-you're-in-your-thirties" people using a bunch of unfunny, overused memes and internet lingo in their normal every day lives.

Can you imagine kids going "LULZ WE ARE AN0NYMOUS WE OVER 9000 R LEGION NEVAR FORGET NYAN NYAN NYAN WHAT IS HOUSE". Ok, that's taking things a bit too unrealistic, but the point remains :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal