lollipop for Verizon model, anyone get it yet?

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
The support page update was just done in a timely manner as the OTA was finally seeded to our OTA servers. It will start to hit devices in the next 48 hours and how we generally seed things is we push it out to 30-50 percent of all active MDN's then 10-20 percent chunks every 6-12 hours after that. So generally within a few days you can just hit check for update and it will be available for anyone. This is simply to not overwhelm the server and less risk of corrupted downloads. To my understanding we had the official date listed as March 5th.

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
3194462.jpg

To coincide with that I stated earlier...Verizon has a update listed for tomorrow. That is why the servers at my work are going crazy but nobody is getting anything. We should wake up tomorrow morning to find the update downloading on our phones!

Good day to be a HTC customer, Even better day to be a Verizon Customer (hard to believe, I know)

Now moving on...Where is my Wife's Droid Turbo Update??? (sarcastic)

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site

You realize those issues are not going to be a universal issue right? Verizon and the OEM build Lollipop differently in devices...hence the different variations like TouchWiz, Sense and one phone does not mean other phones will have same bugs and issues. Yes there have been some issues with the SAMSUNG build and device yet other phones have Lollipop and not the same issues. So until otherwise proven this has nothing to do with HTC M8 as far as software build goes.

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
You realize those issues are not going to be a universal issue right? Verizon and the OEM build Lollipop differently in devices...hence the different variations like TouchWiz, Sense and one phone does not mean other phones will have same bugs and issues. Yes there have been some issues with the SAMSUNG build and device yet other phones have Lollipop and not the same issues. So until otherwise proven this has nothing to do with HTC M8 as far as software build goes.

Did the OP inquire about an M8?
Does the title of this forum reference an M8?

Maybe I missed that part?

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Did the OP inquire about an M8?
Does the title of this forum reference an M8?

Maybe I missed that part?

What? Lol are you seriously trolling on here?

1. This thread was posted in the HTC M8 forums asking about the update on that specific phone. Because it was announced it was available for OTA.
2. Yes - that is the title of this forum - HTC One M8
3. Yes you missed a lot apparently.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Lets keep this civil and not start trolling each other, its just not worth the efforts. If you disagree then please move along and save the Mod Team the headaches :)

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Is there an educated opinion about resetting the phone either before or after the lollipop udpate?

Posted by Billob

I'm of the opinion that a reset should be done with any major OS update. In the case of Android, that's when the dessert name changes. When so much of the underlying code gets changed, there's just too much of a chance for apps and data to get corrupted and cause issues like lag, battery drain, and various other glitches. This is even more likely with the entire app runtime changing from Dalvik to ART.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm of the opinion that a reset should be done with any major OS update. In the case of Android, that's when the dessert name changes. When so much of the underlying code gets changed, there's just too much of a chance for apps and data to get corrupted and cause issues like lag, battery drain, and various other glitches. This is even more likely with the entire app runtime changing from Dalvik to ART.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes, this. please do a factory reset after (and if you want to be super safe, before as well) you update to Lollipop. it will save you headaches down the road.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Coming from previous phones that were all rooted, it is basically required to do a full wipe (reset) when upgrading or changing roms. I have done it before without, but 90% of the time end up with issues that make me do a reset.

With this phone, I haven't rooted it, so when I update to 5.0, I'll probably give it a week and see if there are any issues. With the first update verizon pushed out, I didn't notice any issues. But with the last one, I have noticed the phone is a bit sluggish. I've just been holding out for this update before I take the time to reset.

But anyway, what I'm getting at is that a reset SHOULD be done with every update. It will give the phone and apps a clean slate. But I would say give it a try without it if you don't have the time.

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Coming from previous phones that were all rooted, it is basically required to do a full wipe (reset) when upgrading or changing roms. I have done it before without, but 90% of the time end up with issues that make me do a reset.

With this phone, I haven't rooted it, so when I update to 5.0, I'll probably give it a week and see if there are any issues. With the first update verizon pushed out, I didn't notice any issues. But with the last one, I have noticed the phone is a bit sluggish. I've just been holding out for this update before I take the time to reset.

But anyway, what I'm getting at is that a reset SHOULD be done with every update. It will give the phone and apps a clean slate. But I would say give it a try without it if you don't have the time.

This is my plan as well, hopefully it goes ok

[JTC One M8]

Bill Ob

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I need a book for dummies....how do you mean boot in the update? I don't want to screw this up. Do I reboot the phone first? Do I just push reset? I'll appreciate your info here.

Posted by Billob

Bill Ob

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
John. Did you get my request for more info on the update? If you would...what exactly do you mean to boot in the update? Do I just reboot the phone or just hit the reset button? Thanks.

Posted by Billob

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
John. Did you get my request for more info on the update? If you would...what exactly do you mean to boot in the update? Do I just reboot the phone or just hit the reset button? Thanks.

Posted by Billob
Basically do this

1. Power the phone off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and then while still holding the Volume down, press the Power button as well.
3. You will get a menu giving you options such as: Fastboot, Recovery, Clear Storage, and SIMlock Factory Reset
4. I will do a factory reset completely out of the OS.