Looking for a simple clip...

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
IM BACK!!! :cool:

After falling off the wagon and going to the darkside when the i4S was launched last year, I have seen the error of my ways and moved back to the world of Droid. I picked up a D4 about 2 weeks again and must say I have missed it dearly. Of course, it already has ICS and has been rooted. Trying to get back into the groove of how things are done in the Droid world again.

Now, on to my question. I am looking for a simple belt clip/holster that can be used with the D4 naked. I had one for my original D1, D2 and i4S phones. Im not too rough on my equipment so I am not worried about the phone being damaged. I have always bought the desk and car docks for my phones so that I can get all that they are designed to do out of them.

But I have had no luck what so ever in locating just a basic spring clip. Seido was the manuf of the ones I have had in the past and worked perfectly. I have checked their website but it appears as no product has been released. Otterbox only has the commuter series for the D4 and it doesnt come with a belt clip either.

HELP!!! :)

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a case from Verizon that allows the phone to slip into a holster that attaches to your belt loop or whatever. It is a Verizon-produced case, comes in black, and it only slides in one way: face into the holster, not showing outwards. This case also has a kickstand on it if you ever wish to watch videos on it.

Go to your VZW store or check out the website for more info.

Sent from my DROID4 using Android Central Forums

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Ok... I bought one of the Otterbox commuter cases and I love it. I had the Defender on my i4S and I do have to say, Otterbox's customer service is 2nd to none. TOP NOTCH operation. They sent out several clips and even an entirely new case after just a phone call. That said, the case is pretty large on the D4.

So, I picked up one of the QMadix D4 cases. After receiving my Moto HDMI Desk Dock and Moto Car Dock, both docks do work with the qmadix case installed. YES!!!! There are enough adjustments and you can change the sleeves out to allow the D4 to seat properly and enable the dock mode for each unit. Although I would have liked a spring clip like the Seido line, the slide in holster that the QMadix comes with is functional and I am sure I will like it once I get used to it.