Lost 3G/4G after rooting

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Oops. I just rooted to get rid off all the bloat. Used titanium backup and froze everything that has been listed as safe to do. Now realized I have no data connection - 3G and 4G not working at all. Only wifi. Please advise ASAP. Thank you!

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Try removing the SIM card and then replace it. Reboot the phone. You sure you didn't freeze any other apps on accident other than what has been said safe to freeze?

Reactions: 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Try removing the SIM card and then replace it. Reboot the phone. You sure you didn't freeze any other apps on accident other than what has been said safe to freeze?

Just rebooted and it looks like its back and everything is working again... Wow I feel like a dummy. Lol was scary though. Thank you!

Jkoldha

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted my phone last night and used the p3 installation. This morning I found an app to basically activate mobile hot spot (Verizon's app) by changing some values in the settings..... well the wifi tether I ran for just a minute to check it and it worked beautifully. Later in the evening I noticed that my data connection was lost. I have played with the sim, airplane mode, changing the value that I originally changed, on/off 100 times, different cities etc.... its been 7 hours now and nothing....... what gives?

Last edited:

jkeen333

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
lost mine this morning after root tried rebooting , nothing need assistance. is verizon shutting down after root can they see this with the 4.5.605update or with mb810 driver download

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same issue over here :/ hopefully unrooting it fixes the problem.

If you didn't fudge with anything then simply rooting shouldn't have caused any problems. I only lost the data right after rooting... rebooted and its been fine for the past month lol. Note that as of last night there's a big verizon network problem that could be the cause of your data loss. This morning I finally got 3G back but still no 4G. Not panicking I'm sure they'll work it out soon enough. Also note this morning to get data back I had to do a quick toggle of airplane mode on/off.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT