Lost all data connectivity - Verizon (LTE area)

ArkiMage

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
They've had LTE in my area for quite a while. For the past few months I've been noticing that my data connectivity comes and goes, a lot. I installed a monitoring app for this and the alerts are far more often than is reasonable. I have WIFI at home and work and just hadn't gotten around to looking into this or complaining to Verizon yet.

Yesterday morning I was away from my wifi, needed data connectivity, and had none. I assumed it was a temporary thing and as time drug on, I power cycled, airplane mode on/off, I realized something more was up.

Today I've went into the "Phone Information" hidden screen and see this:

ping and http client test both fail
Signal strength: -93dbm 2 asu
Neighboring CID: unknown
Roaming: not roaming
GSM service: in service
GPRS service: Disconnected
Network type: 1xRTT:6

The "Set preferred network type:" drop-down has the following options:
WCDMA preferred, GSM only, WCDMA only, GSM auto (PRL), CDMA auto (PRL), CDMA only, EvDo only, GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) [was selected], and Unknown.

There is no option with LTE in it which I did see on my brother's HTC Thunderbolt.

I tried changing network type and one time got eHRPD but still there was no ip connectivity.

I've had the phone since pretty much launch day and have had LTE pretty much the entire time. Connection drops have definitely been more than I'd like. My old OG Droid pretty much never dropped connectivity and I thought this was just growing pains of LTE. A few months ago it got rather noticeable and I installed the monitoring app (No Signal Alert). As an example, on June 12th, it logged connectivity drops 18 times. Then yesterday I had no connectivity at all. 4 or 5 bars of signal strength but they're grey instead of blue.

Phone has the OTA 4.0.4 and Baseband version 1515.09 V.FC04 / 1515.FC05

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ArkiMage

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Oops, see that now.. But it's no longer a problem anyway :-[ A co-worker was showing off some NFC tags on Friday, turning off WIFI and setting ringer volume, etc.. I tapped my phone to one to see how it worked. Apparently he also set it to turn off the data network. I went looking through the menus and found that off.. Ugh, egg on face.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mervy333