Lost original Note 2 charger... :( should I ask Asurion to replace it?

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking all over trying to find the original Note 2 charger ever since I lost it. (may have left it plugged in at an airline lounge)

Last night, a VZW store manager told me that I should call Asurion because "accessories" are supposed to be covered
against loss as well.

Since Asurion has a 2-claims/year limit, should I ask them to replace it? Or does a lost charger not count as 1 claim?
Also, what are the chances that they will ship me the original white charger? (not a generic charger)

bvitale

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea, but the easiest thing you can do is call and ask. You don't have to go through with it. Just get the info.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking all over trying to find the original Note 2 charger ever since I lost it. (may have left it plugged in at an airline lounge)

Last night, a VZW store manager told me that I should call Asurion because "accessories" are supposed to be covered
against loss as well.

Since Asurion has a 2-claims/year limit, should I ask them to replace it? Or does a lost charger not count as 1 claim?
Also, what are the chances that they will ship me the original white charger? (not a generic charger)

If Asurion covers accessories then you'd probably have to pay a deductible to get the replacement. I'm not sure a $10 cord/adapter is worth a $100(or more) deductible.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II 2A Travel Charger with Cable - Original OEM ETA-U90JWS ECB-DU4EWE

By the by, any micro USB charging cable will work, just make sure that the adapter is at 2 amps

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Does the charger have to be two amps? My old and s3 charger works just fine.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
iPad chargers are 2 amps and can be bought almost anywhere. I've charged my Note with it a few times but didn't measure the charge time so I'm not sure if it is actually delivering 2 amps to the Note. I'll compare it tonight and let you know.

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
How funny, i've never used the Note 2 charger for the note. I have use my Palm Pro and my Motorola chargers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums