LTE version questions

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If i get it out of contract, can i cancel service at any time? also will it still work the same as the non lte version? im debating which one to get. Seems its easier to get the LTE version compared to the non LTE.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you can cancel service if you buy the Gear S3 without contract. The watch works the same except it will not be able to work as a stand alone device for making phone calls and Internet access unless bluetooth connected to a phone or WiFi.

To me, the extra few bucks a month is worth having the watch to be able to work as a stand alone phone when needed. This way I do not always need my huge phone with me all the time. Everyone has different needs, so I can understand some who do not need the added LTE service for the watch. Since you can buy the LTE version for the same price as the non-LTE version, it may be a good idea to have the LTE for a later date if needed. The watch has an embedded e-sim, so you could have service with AT&T or T-Mobile turned on within a matter of minutes. I cannot speak for a Verizon or Sprint version as they have not been released yet. The AT&T and T-Mobile versions are interchangeable for the LTE/4G service.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
The watch has an embedded e-sim, so you could have service with AT&T or T-Mobile turned on within a matter of minutes. I cannot speak for a Verizon or Sprint version as they have not been released yet. The AT&T and T-Mobile versions are interchangeable for the LTE/4G service.
Are you referring to the technical specifications or the carriers' activation policies? In other words, are you saying that T-Mobile would allow a S3 bought from AT&T on their network (or vice versa)?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If i get it out of contract, can i cancel service at any time? also will it still work the same as the non lte version? im debating which one to get. Seems its easier to get the LTE version compared to the non LTE.

Yes if you are out of contract you can cancel service anytime. Yes, you can simply turn off LTE and it will work the same way as the non LTE version.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to the technical specifications or the carriers' activation policies? In other words, are you saying that T-Mobile would allow a S3 bought from AT&T on their network (or vice versa)?

From an activation standpoint, for certain. As to whether or not you can use an AT&T Gear S3 watch on T-Mobile (or vice versa), I do not know. I have not seen confirmation anywhere to know if the carrier specific watch is locked to that network and whether or not the watch can be unlocked to work on other networks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582