Making a call to Verizon tomorrow about this data garbage

schizrade

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
OP, it could have been all kinds of issues, but what you are describing is not typical for many that have applied some updates etc.

My data in Reno, nv.

Screenshot_2012-03-13-20-40-44.png

All kinds of things can conspire to screw up a wireless connection. Weather and network traffic being two of them.

Update the device and try again.

asics10

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just received my Gnex because I wanted to get the double data deals since AT&t is throttling my "unlimited" plan at 3gigs.

The data speeds on the Gnex on 3g are horrifically slow, actually edge on my infuse on at&t is just as fast. At the Verizon store a mile from my house all of their motorola phones on 3g were just as fast as my infuse on hspa+. But they did not have a Gnex display unit to test.

Going to Verizon to see if a replacement would change the data speeds, If not I'm cancelling my new verizon contract and will stick with at&t for the time being.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
So weird I never had any of these issues.. Mine works flawless, I don't even think it ever crashed.. my battery sucks, and I get a lot if download errors but overall I'm happy

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Beware of the grass is greener syndrome...lol. All I will say is just try your best to hold on to it since its not giving you any problems.

I'm definitely gonna hold on to it even if I get another device. Can't see myself parting with it Lol.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what it is about the Gnex but, I never got LTE in my home were as, my other two device (the Xoom & Mifi) get 4G LTE. I have a Galaxy note now and love it. The car dock is very nice and, I get HSPA in my home; which is just as fast as my VZW devices are on LTE.

Out in town At&t vs. Verizon LTE is pretty even so far (with Verizon being slightly faster in some areas). This is based on my past experience with my Verizon devices and I haven't got a chance to compare them side-by-side.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a Galaxy note appreciation post on a Gnex forum so, I'll stop here.

amartko

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried to get my phone swapped today at a VZW store due to data drops and the rep at the store said it is a software issue what will be fixed in the update coming in March. She said it affects all Galaxy Nexus so there is no point in swapping mine since they all have the same problem. I tried calling BS but she was having none of it. I will be calling customer service or visiting a different store tomorrow.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Had it since day one and no problems. I'm rooted running akop b27 and 3g and 4g work fine. I do sometimes drop signal when tethering my laptop if a text comes thru but other than that my nexus has been good.

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using Tapatalk

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried to get my phone swapped today at a VZW store due to data drops and the rep at the store said it is a software issue what will be fixed in the update coming in March. She said it affects all Galaxy Nexus so there is no point in swapping mine since they all have the same problem. I tried calling BS but she was having none of it. I will be calling customer service or visiting a different store tomorrow.

When the update doesn't come back in march tell her she's wrong, tell her she'll never know when the update is coming and that other GNex phones don't necessarily have the same issue.

Papasmerf

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Count me in as one of those who is becoming increasingly frustrated with this phone. I bought it at launch and though the signal was never strong it seems to be getting progressively worse. The switchoff between 3g and 4g sometimes takes up to five minutes. I am in a 4g area in northern New Jersey and was at the circus the other day, woke my phone up, and it searched for a signal for over 10 minutes- nothing. Besides sitting there staring at gray bars, my wife's iphone is pulling full 3g. Tried airplane mode and restarting-no success.
I went in about a month ago and switched sim cards and was told update was coming in March. I bought into all the hype about updates with this phone. What a sucker. I am going to try to see if I can get rid of this phone if an update does not come soon. No I am not rooted. The only question is will Verizon let me switch? If I wanted a phone that only made calls I would've just kept my dumbphone LG Dare and saved $30 bucks a month.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It is obvious that that phone has issues and I'm wondering if those that say theirs are perfect and are not having issues actually need their phone or if it is more of a toy to them and are not bothered by the issues since the phone isn't required to make a living?

What makes me think this is my Son has a Galaxy Nexus and says his works perfectly and doesn't have any issues yet he deals with the same issues as my GN. The difference is I require a working phone to make a living and his phone is just a toy to him to send text messages on and play with apps.

It is obvious there are some issues with this phone, Verizon knows there are issues with this phone as the second level tech support will tell you "it's a known issue an update is coming with every problem you bring up" but for some reason there is a handful that want to say the phone is perfect, no issues and berate those that are demanding the phone work properly.

I was actually starting to think I should get another replacement device to see if maybe there wasn't anything wrong with this phone and maybe I just had a bad device. After thinking about it and seeing how my son acts with his phone I wonder if maybe it is just what you require of the device that determines if you're happy with the phone or not?

Reactions: jroc

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I feel for you. I had thought of keeping my device in hopes an update would come. I decided to return my Nexus. It's been more than 2 months since I returned my Nexus & still no update. I can't imagine my frustration 2 months later had I kept the device.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

dirt101

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Kept mine until the last hour on my 14th day, when it worked it was fantastic and I loved ICS, but in the end I needed a rock solid reliable "phone".

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It is obvious that that phone has issues and I'm wondering if those that say theirs are perfect and are not having issues actually need their phone or if it is more of a toy to them and are not bothered by the issues since the phone isn't required to make a living?

What makes me think this is my Son has a Galaxy Nexus and says his works perfectly and doesn't have any issues yet he deals with the same issues as my GN. The difference is I require a working phone to make a living and his phone is just a toy to him to send text messages on and play with apps.

It is obvious there are some issues with this phone, Verizon knows there are issues with this phone as the second level tech support will tell you "it's a known issue an update is coming with every problem you bring up" but for some reason there is a handful that want to say the phone is perfect, no issues and berate those that are demanding the phone work properly.

I was actually starting to think I should get another replacement device to see if maybe there wasn't anything wrong with this phone and maybe I just had a bad device. After thinking about it and seeing how my son acts with his phone I wonder if maybe it is just what you require of the device that determines if you're happy with the phone or not?

Here is my story with my nexus. I am one of the ones that never understood the problems others were having because I honestly never lost data or signal ever since release day. Battery is bad but I got another one and came up with ways to keep it charged. I have a perfect unit in my opinion, however!!! I live in Houston, Texas when I am not in school and have never had an issue there with 4g, no mic issue, no high pitched squeal on calls, nothing. I have had the phone since release date and I go to school in a 3g only area and also have no issues whatsoever. Well I went to Dallas for the weekend and HOLY CRAP my phone freaked all weekend!!! I lost 4g every 5 min and it would search or go to 3g at least 5-7 times an hour! I also would hear a terrible screech when I would be on a call that sounded like a bird being tortured. I wanted to run over the phone because it has been perfect so far. Well as soon as I got out of the Dallas area my phone went back to being perfect! I am at school now and have not had less than 3-4 bars for over 24 hours and no time without signal on the battery meter. Sorry to ramble but I had terrible issues that made the phone nearly worthless but it was only there. I am blaming it on how the phone itself interacts with the network in certain areas. The network was not the issue because others around me with 4g Verizon phones had no issue whatsoever. I am hoping the software fixes the way the actual phone and radios interacts with the network because that is the issue in my experience.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So glad I dumped mine:) I got a faulty two in a row....good to hear some are rock solid with theirs....software is still coming folks, that is what they say.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Lbrts, I'm one of those, like my phone. I'm a decent talker at least 3 hours a day, I use my bluetooth. Everyday coming home from work my previous phone had a dead zone that 98% of the time dropped the call. With the GNex, the other day was the very first time I did all year.

I'll get moments of no data as i'm driving into downtown as the towers change to 4g.

I had data down once at work for a day but the next day it turned 4G for the first time in my area.

I've had to toggle 3g maybe 3 times since I got my phone the day it came out.

I get forced stops on draw something. I get the occasional restart. It's not any more than my pc freezing its application so it doesn't bother me.

but my experience has been good and I would call myself a heavy user. Except for the forced refreshes of the so called "multitask" button, I'll never give up complaining about that. Still don't understand why people don't mention something about it daily it's so annoying and works in previous versions better.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Isn't it great that Google will work on an o/s for a solid 8-10 months, then ditch everyone for another version.

There are several other issues with the Nexus besides data, look around.

Oh look a mad iPhone user. We all know you fanboys are crazy jealous of what Android users get, but are you seriously insulting Google for releasing new and updated operating systems? Or are you just mad because you continue to lose your friends to Android while you hang on to your out of date phone?

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh look a mad iPhone user. We all know you fanboys are crazy jealous of what Android users get, but are you seriously insulting Google for releasing new and updated operating systems? Or are you just mad because you continue to lose your friends to Android while you hang on to your out of date phone?

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Hate to burst your bubble, but this is my first ever iDevice......Ever!!

I've had the OG Droid, Fascinate, Charge, Galaxy Nexus, back to the Charge and finally an iPhone 4s. My wife has the Rezound, and my daughters have the Dinc & Dinc2 respectively.

I've rooted every device, and flashed more roms than I can count. So you can take your fanboy comment and, well, you know the rest.

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hate to burst your bubble, but this is my first ever iDevice......Ever!!

I've had the OG Droid, Fascinate, Charge, Galaxy Nexus, back to the Charge and finally an iPhone 4s. My wife has the Rezound, and my daughters have the Dinc & Dinc2 respectively.

I've rooted every device, and flashed more roms than I can count. So you can take your fanboy comment and, well, you know the rest.

Your in the wrong forum isheep!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
factore