Man this phone is slippery

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've used a case a couple of times but always seem to come back to nekked :D My ProClip mount in the car won't accomodate a case on the Note 2 and honestly, I'm not really dropping it much. It has taken a couple of tumbles and I can report it is one tough SOB. My wife's iPhone5 has a scratch on the glass already after 6 months and it lives in a case. My Note 2 has hit the asphalt a couple of times and the glass is immaculate. The minor scratches on the bezel are barely visible and the back is - well, polycarbonate. Tough to say the least.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought a nice real leather battery door off eBay. It looks sexy and gives a nice grip. Reminds me of the original Blackberry Bold, except for of course it's an awesome, thin, capable phone. It's just that back then, it looked way sexy with that leather type back, and this has that look and feel now. Pretty cool

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought a nice real leather battery door off eBay. It looks sexy and gives a nice grip. Reminds me of the original Blackberry Bold, except for of course it's an awesome, thin, capable phone. It's just that back then, it looked way sexy with that leather type back, and this has that look and feel now. Pretty cool

Any pictures? I would like to see what this looks like.

JNM

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a Ringke Slim case for the Note 2. It solves the grip problem and does not make the device even larger than it already is. It barely adds a millimeter at most.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I like the seidio active case with belt clip. Very slim profile but has more grip and a metal kickstand. For the kids, they use diztronic cases, very grippy you type case.

Posted via Android Central App

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I like the seidio active case with belt clip. Very slim profile but has more grip and a metal kickstand. For the kids, they use diztronic cases, very grippy you type case.

Did you by chance compare with the Surface model? I have one from Best Buy and it looks like a carbon copy of Seidio's Surface, and the case is still kinda slick. I've looked at the Active for just that reason, but would love to keep my current holster and only upgrade the case.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you by chance compare with the Surface model? I have one from Best Buy and it looks like a carbon copy of Seidio's Surface, and the case is still kinda slick. I've looked at the Active for just that reason, but would love to keep my current holster and only upgrade the case.

Case is a little slick but much better than the back cover. I haven't dropped it yet. The only think the items me is sometimes I bump the release and the phone falls.
I didn't compare to the surface, ordered off of amazon.

Edit: just looked online and I purchased the surface case. The active case looked too bulky for my taste. I work in a hospital, not out in the elements and wanted something with a thin profile.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Case is a little slick but much better than the back cover. I haven't dropped it yet. The only think the items me is sometimes I bump the release and the phone falls.
I didn't compare to the surface, ordered off of amazon.

Edit: just looked online and I purchased the surface case. The active case looked too bulky for my taste. I work in a hospital, not out in the elements and wanted something with a thin profile.

My mistake, thought you already owned the Active case. I had a Surface with my Bionic and loved it, but due to Note 2's slimmer profile I wonder if Active is a better solution. Again, the case I bought from Best Buy is not a Seidio Surface but a carbon copy, right down to the kickstand shape and color and the holster is identical to the one I had with the Bionic. Bought it when I got my Note so I'd have a case from the start and not wait for shipping from Amazon. Curious how you'll like it with the Note 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder