Media Volume Resets to Maximum

Anthony423

Jun 10, 2022
Visit site
I have an LG Velvet. Recently, I've noticed this issue where my phone's media volume setting will randomly be at maximum even though I never listen to anything at max volume.

It generally happens after I drive; my phone's bluetooth will link to my car's, and then, once I step out, the volume will be maxed out.

This is very recent phenomenon. It's extremely embarrassing, especially if I play a video in public and I forget about this quirk. It's gotten to the point that every time I watch a video, I have to press the volume button to ensure that it did not max out on me again.

What could be causing this? Is it actually the Bluetooth? Or is there a setting I can adjust to prevent automatic volume changes? Thanks

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You pointed out the issue in your second line. When my device connects to my auto it automatically goes to max volume. Since it is going through your audio system it goes to max and allows you to control the volume via the car's volume control. I mean think about it, if you connect to your car audio at 30% you might have to turn your car's volume up to 100% to get any sound. At 50% you might only have to go to 70% car volume but if you were at 100% the car controls would be more normal where you're only listening at 35% volume.

If you are not able to find a setting for this an app like, Bluetooth Audio Widget, might help. It will turn the volume up to 100 when connected to your auto and return it to normal when disconnected. I'm sure there are other apps that can do this by this is just the one that I use and like. It has several other features but you can explore them for yourself if you decided to try the app.

Comment back what you find and we'll try to help more.