Meenova card reader

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got my meenova card reader works great with my RMHD. More memory more better.
32gig on phone + 64gig SD card + what ever I want in the reader.

I recommend this item.

Posted via Android Central App

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Some people have problems with 64GB cards (I did) and others don't. Some brands work fine, some need to be reformatted on the phone, some need to be reformatted on a PC and some never can be made to work.

The published specs for the phone explicitly say that up to 32GB is supported:
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD - Full phone specifications
Working for you and supported are two different things.

(The Motorola site used to have this as well, but it's been removed since this phone is no longer current.)

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Or maybe because 64gb+ cards come formatted with exfat rather than fat32, and you have to install cyanogen, or a branch of it to get the fuse driver so you can use the card. What do you mean it "didn't work for you"? That's a pretty weak argument. I don't care what the "full specs" say, because if I buy a card, pop it in and it works, then they are clearly wrong. Also, you can't really say "well it's not supported" what does that even mean? Motorola doesn't support people buying specific hardware for a device that has a built in port for said hardware, and works natively without much planning? That's like saying that 2tb HDDs are unsupported on windows, because it doesn't specifically say that it can use them, or that you can NEVER have more than 2tb because that's the "max" that it says you can have.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Or maybe because 64gb+ cards come formatted with exfat rather than fat32, and you have to install cyanogen, or a branch of it to get the fuse driver so you can use the card. What do you mean it "didn't work for you"? That's a pretty weak argument. I don't care what the "full specs" say, because if I buy a card, pop it in and it works, then they are clearly wrong. Also, you can't really say "well it's not supported" what does that even mean? Motorola doesn't support people buying specific hardware for a device that has a built in port for said hardware, and works natively without much planning? That's like saying that 2tb HDDs are unsupported on windows, because it doesn't specifically say that it can use them, or that you can NEVER have more than 2tb because that's the "max" that it says you can have.

Unsupported means that when my card didn't work, Verizon said "it's not supported" and was not required to help further. I returned the card and got a 32 which works fine.

heavyvino

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The 64 gig card in my phone works but the 64 gig card I mount as a USB device is not seen by my phone, a 32 gig card is. I reformatted the 64 to NTSC but that is still not seen by the phone, my N7 sees the 64 though. Guess I will need to root my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Unsupported means that when my card didn't work, Verizon said "it's not supported" and was not required to help further. I returned the card and got a 32 which works fine.
I tried 2 different sandisk and 2 different pny... formatted and everything. Sold them and bought a 32g on amazon for $20. Some got lucky to get them to work.

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
That's part of the problem. Windows won't format FAT32 bigger than 32GB. (That's why Microsoft invented exFAT!). Sandisk has special on-chip formatting software that hangs when you try. I'm sure you got it to work, but there are more ways to screw up than to succeed. Which is why Verizon and Motorola say "not supported."

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
That's part of the problem. Windows won't format FAT32 bigger than 32GB. (That's why Microsoft invented exFAT!). Sandisk has special on-chip formatting software that hangs when you try. I'm sure you got it to work, but there are more ways to screw up than to succeed. Which is why Verizon and Motorola say "not supported."

Use gparted, or maybe, actually learn your system and do it through the terminal, because windows does allow that. the only time windows disallows you from formatting to a specific format is when you right click>format.
Also, lol @ "windows inventing exfat"

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Use gparted, or maybe, actually learn your system and do it through the terminal, because windows does allow that. the only time windows disallows you from formatting to a specific format is when you right click>format.
Also, lol @ "windows inventing exfat"

Also note those words under FAT32 for >32GB, "Not supported." They really do mean something: if you try, you're on your own.
Default cluster size for NTFS, FAT, and exFAT

Many phone users aren't really interested in forging their own solutions for something Motorola, Verizon and Microsoft says shouldn't be counted on.

jmillerc13

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

You are correct - Windows won't format FAT32 larger than 32GB (tried using the CMD prompt method and got an error). However, I found another utility called guiformat by googling for Format FAT32 - I was able to format my Kingston 64GB micro SDXC I card in seconds. I was then able to mount it on my MotoX using the Quick Office app using Browse to open the File Manager.

As I don't know the rules on linking executables (use at your own risk), I didn't include it here. Also, I bought the Kingston card as I had previously read the San Disk one had issues at 64GB (maybe the formatting software mentioned above).

Good luck to the rest of you,

Miller

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753