Meizu, Xiaomi, THL

Gerald Evangelista

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
What do you guys think about these brands? All China made. Powerful specs at very reasonable price.

Am looking to get THL 5000. Seems like the known brands don't have a similar specd device such as the THL 5000.

shinkaide

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been pretty curious, if for nothing but the price points. Seriously competitive.

It's a bit harder to make educated decisions before buying any one of these, since thorough reviews are harder to come by. I really like reading reviews from GSMArena and AnandTech, but they do mostly the bigger brandname devices a lot more than they do the newer manufacturers. Without reviews from these folks, I'm finding it pretty hard to risk my coin for any of these, as attractive as they look in terms of specs-for-price.

One of the phones that recently caught my eye is the Asus ZenFone 6, but I'm seriously reluctant to buy it. I rely a lot on thorough reviews, esp. for battery life and camera quality. Since the ZF6 is at the same price point as, say the Xperia T2 Ultra (which has a GSMA review, btw), I'm more likely to go for the phone that's been thoroughly tested. :/

shinkaide

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind using a phone with two hands, I think it's a good deal for its price. It's a 6-inch phone with a 720p display, a 13MP rear camera, and a GSMArena Battery Endurance rating of 96 Hours.

In all honesty, though, a lot will depend on what you really look for or want in a phone and how you use one. So if you were to ask me, I'd say it's a sweet deal, since it meets the criteria for what I want in a phone plus the price. Sounds like good value for money, IMHO.

mrnyjet

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
i use BLU, designed in miami but made in china. unlocked phones, come with cover and screensaver. many color choices, have models with LTE, four and eight core chips. some models, like blu mega mini 5 lte can handle both tmobile and AT&T bands, for only $120. find them on amazon or walmart.com .

Posted via the Android Central App