Memory Expansion HTC one mini

Andrew Pemberton

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I recently up graded my phone to a HTC one mini 16gb and there simply isn't enough memory for everything that I need is there a way of expanding the memory of this phone?

I travel Europe most of the year via one mode of transport or another and due to this, I need to have a large map App (about 5.5gb) as well as Sat Nav app which is equal in size. Between the two, I have little to no space for media storage on my device. I have looked into getting a Sat Nav app with Maps as accurate as Maps with me Pro but there is nothing out there without spending around ?70, hence my need for more memory. I also do not have access to 'the Cloud' in Europe as an alternative to storing things on my phone as the roaming costs would be astronomical.

Please advise, thanks.

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
With regard to roaming costs, if you can deal with not having the same phone number (or redirecting/checking messages periodically) it can work out well to buy a sim card in the destination country. Don't know where you're from or travelling but I found pre-paid vodafone sims in Germany offered phenomenal value compared to pre-paid deals back home (Australia). And they worked in neighboring countries too - Europe isn't as walled off as it used to be.

YMMV

As for extra storage space for videos, etc, onebillion's suggestion above is the ticket. Grab a cheap HTC On-The-Go adapter so you can use USB sticks. Test it before you leave home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FerretPhone