Messages/ringtone notification/help

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
This is why I HATE buying a new phone. I dislike change. But having my NOTE 4 for 3 years, it was time. I grew tired of changing the battery and freezing. Now I have this MONSTER NOTE 8, which is nice but: HELP ME JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gone through messages now 20 times and read that stupid manual. How do you get a ringtone notification when someone messages you? I want my DEADPOOL sound back and for life of me I can't figure it out and I'm really good at this sh**! Can someone please tell, me how to do this? and Samsung if you're going to have someone named BIXBY, he should be a hot guy with a smexy voice not some chick UGH! Hey can that be changed(LOL) :p

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
There is another post about this in the last few weeks. You need a third party app to put ringtones in your notification folder on your phone. I use ringdroid in google play. It's old and hasn't been updated in forever but its plain and works. Plus, it's free! Have your mp3 on your phone or memory card ready to access. Load the program, open the mp3 file, if you need to edit/cut the song do so and save to your notifications, then go back to messaging, go to settings, go to notification tones and pick your dead pool sound clip. Mine is yoda so I know how important it is to have it personalized.
This is why I HATE buying a new phone. I dislike change. But having my NOTE 4 for 3 years, it was time. I grew tired of changing the battery and freezing. Now I have this MONSTER NOTE 8, which is nice but: HELP ME JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gone through messages now 20 times and read that stupid manual. How do you get a ringtone notification when someone messages you? I want my DEADPOOL sound back and for life of me I can't figure it out and I'm really good at this sh**! Can someone please tell, me how to do this? and Samsung if you're going to have someone named BIXBY, he should be a hot guy with a smexy voice not some chick UGH! Hey can that be changed(LOL) :p

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
About Bixby... can't help you. I have the button disabled and don't use/utilize it. 🤷🏻

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
About Bixby... can't help you. I have the button disabled and don't use/utilize it. ������������

I use ZEDGE and all the ringtones/notifcation sounds are in that file. I can access it for ringtones but not the notifications.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
If you're trying to set a custom tone for messages go to settings, notifications, choose the messages app and set the tone.

If you want to set a custom tone per contact, you have to use a 3rd party messaging app. Mood, textra, hancent, etc.

You can search for and find the updated Samsung messages app and set custom tones there, but once you delete the thread with that contact, the tone will be reset to default.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
... and Samsung if you're going to have someone named BIXBY, he should be a hot guy with a smexy voice not some chick UGH! Hey can that be changed(LOL) :p

There are a few choices on the voice. You can say "Hi Bixby, open Bixby settings". Then click on "Language and speaking style". You will find the voice options there.

drdouche

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
Go to contacts
Select your contact
Select message icon
Go to top right hand corner
Select the small box with the three vertical dots
Then select notifications
Select custom
Select the settings icon to the right
(for some reason some of my contacts do not have the notification selection highlighted but others do, hopefully yours do or it will not work)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds