MicroSD failures??

arokcrwlr

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I am on my second MicroSD card in my S4. The first card was a Kingston 32GB class 10 which lasted about 6 weeks before the phone stopped recognizing it. I couldn't read it on my laptop either.

So, I bought a second card - this time a PNY 32GB class 4. I worked for about 3 months and the other day it stopped working. Again I can't read it on my laptop.

Is the S4 killing SD cards or are the cards defective? I am leaning toward the S4 killing the cards - anyone else having a problem like this?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am on my second MicroSD card in my S4. The first card was a Kingston 32GB class 10 which lasted about 6 weeks before the phone stopped recognizing it. I couldn't read it on my laptop either.

So, I bought a second card - this time a PNY 32GB class 4. I worked for about 3 months and the other day it stopped working. Again I can't read it on my laptop.

Is the S4 killing SD cards or are the cards defective? I am leaning toward the S4 killing the cards - anyone else having a problem like this?

I've had this card in my S4 since I got it...no problems.
Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics

Some folks seem to have issues with the SanDisk cards, but mine have all been fine.

Samsung also makes a 64GB SD card: Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB Pro microSDXC Extreme Speed (UHS-1) Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MGCGB/AM): Computers & Accessories

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A): Electronics

Some folks seem to have issues with the SanDisk cards, but mine have all been fine.

Samsung also makes a 64GB SD card: Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 64GB Pro microSDXC Extreme Speed (UHS-1) Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MGCGB/AM): Computers & Accessories

I'm using this card. Hopefully it doesn't go on me. Losing 64GB wouldn't be cool

Posted via Android Central App

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a 32gb class 10 stop working, but I was able to format it on my PC and copy the data back (I had a backup, but not that recent). It's been working since. Good reminder to me to keep my data backed up.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
A lot of folks have had issues with their SanDisk cards unmounting or dying in their Samsungs devices, me included. My Note 8.0 vampired my 32GB card and left a lifeless shell. I read about this every day in the forums here.

Sony XTZ

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm using this card. Hopefully it doesn't go on me. Losing 64GB wouldn't be cool

Posted via Android Central App

I had a 32gb class 10 stop working, but I was able to format it on my PC and copy the data back (I had a backup, but not that recent). It's been working since. Good reminder to me to keep my data backed up.

My advice that I give to anyone...Never have only 1 copy of any piece of important data!

I'd say this goes double for any portable flash media, but really applies to any form of electronic storage. Disks go bad all the time, and flash media get corrupted. Whether it be a backup to your computer or the cloud, always make sure you have a second copy.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My advice that I give to anyone...Never have only 1 copy of any piece of important data!

I'd say this goes double for any portable flash media, but really applies to any form of electronic storage. Disks go bad all the time, and flash media get corrupted. Whether it be a backup to your computer or the cloud, always make sure you have a second copy.

This. It usually only takes one catastrophe for folks to learn and if you can be spared that one catastrophe all the better.

S IV

Dave Hyland

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Just putting in my twopennorth... I have the Samsung 64gb Class 10 microSD card - and I'm having issues with it (I've posted a thread similar to this one).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sergihf10