Minimal transparent case that allows Popsockets to stick to it

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Dear All:

for my upcoming S24 Ultra, i'd like to find a minimal transparent case that allows Popsockets to stick to the back.

currently, i'm using a Ringke AIR case for my S23 Ultra and a Popsocket sticking to its back.

However, Ringke is not making an AIR case for the S24 Ultra!

i was told that the Ringke FUSION (clear color) is thicker/bulkier than the Ringke AIR.

Ringke FUSION (clear):

there is also the Spigen Liquid Crystal Crystal Clear option, but i haven't held it yet.

Spigen Liquid Crystal Clear:

may i please ask for advice/suggestions please?

again, the goal is a minimal, clear case that allows for a Popsocket to stick to the back. i must have a Popsocket due to a hand injury.

thank you!

Reactions: MarVaRa

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
@SpookDroid:

thank you for your suggestion!

samsung.com really does a terrible job on their product listing on this particular item to inform what this item consists of! for example, it doesn't say where you can buy the popsocket-like attachment, and whether or not it comes with one of those pop out "buttons"!?!

furthermore, none of the pictures show the "button" popping out just like a popsocket. strange. i don't know what they include and how the pop out button functions and how it is similar or different from a regular popsocket!

may i ask the good folks here what they know about the two options i linked to in my original post please? maybe someone has them previously?

i want a minimal case just so the Popsocket can attach (stick to) the phone! current phones don't really allow popsockets to stick to the phone's backside!

thank you.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've got a fusion bold showing up today. If you just want to know if a popsocket will stick to it I can probably arrange that.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site

Oh man, sorry for that crazy long link, but this is interesting.

It's a mag-safe pop socket that appears to work either directly on back of phone or case, but being a mag-safe magnetic ring and folding in with such a low profile had caught my attention.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site

It's a mag-safe pop socket that appears to work either directly on back of phone or case, but being a mag-safe magnetic ring and folding in with such a low profile had caught my attention.
I use this on the back of my S23 Ultra. It is the best because when I need it, it is there, and when it is not in use, it doesn't stop me from wireless charging via my Samsung charger or magsafe attachment in my car.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I use this on the back of my S23 Ultra. It is the best because when I need it, it is there, and when it is not in use, it doesn't stop me from wireless charging via my Samsung charger or magsafe attachment in my car.
To use words like "innit" and "blud" and not have a UK store is some proper mad cultural appropriation, innit blud?

Reactions: notforhire

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. It's always better to hear first person from Android users who have tested a product and had success.

I haven't used popsockets in the past but this one is so slim I like that it's basically a mag-safe magnet with a bonus feature.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I miss their previous version. The ohnap 2

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i have a feeling that this Spigen Liquid Crystal case might be the most minimal case i can get to get the job one that has a surface that Popsockets can adhere to:

reason: it is entirely made of TPU so it is a flexible, slightly soft touch material, i.e. not a hard plastic or polycarbonite. it has a moderate amount of drop protection, but of course, nothing like the bulky so-called "armored" cases can protect. i just can't have a bulky case because these giant phones simply won't fit into my jeans pocket!

do you guys know this case linked to above? good/bad experience?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

That looks cool! I'd like to try that.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
i have a feeling that this Spigen Liquid Crystal case might be the most minimal case i can get to get the job one that has a surface that Popsockets can adhere to:

reason: it is entirely made of TPU so it is a flexible, slightly soft touch material, i.e. not a hard plastic or polycarbonite. it has a moderate amount of drop protection, but of course, nothing like the bulky so-called "armored" cases can protect. i just can't have a bulky case because these giant phones simply won't fit into my jeans pocket!

do you guys know this case linked to above? good/bad experience?
I'll see how I like it. I got a Spigen clear case for my S22 Ultra and liked it.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
There's an easy way to get this beauty for free, jus sayin'

CaseBorne Slim Series Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Case - [3-in-1 Combo] [Ultra Clear Hybrid Magnetic Cover] with Tempered Glass Screen Protector https://a.co/d/4wgGvi4

bennett22

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

i second this over a popsocket any day. been using these for a couple of years now, no issues. even bought the new version to use on whatever case i get when i finally get my S24U. the new version is better than the previous, the magnets hold it in very well, and with the new design, you can use 2 fingers like the old style or 1 finger in the center now. and it works very well with magsafe chargers, i have one at home and on a car mount and no issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana