Missing Messages in Google Messaging App (but showing in Samsung Messaging)

snowborder714

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I recently got a new S22+ and used the built-in data transfer to get all my stuff from my previous S8 Active.

With the S22+ having Google Messaging as the default app, I was browsing through it to make sure that all of my data carried over. After a bit of digging (it wasn't immediately apparent), I noticed some messages with another person that only showed their sent messages but none of my replies. I opened up the Samsung Messaging app and I can see all of my sent messages.

I'd like to use the Google Messaging app for various reasons, but don't want to use it if it's missing messages. Has anyone run into this and/or have a suggestion on how to get the messages to show in both apps?

Last edited by a moderator:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Were the conversations with that person 'chat' conversations (i.e. another Android/Samsung device using RCS, but not Google's)? If so, that's why your messages cannot be accessed other than by the 'stock' app. Also, have you given the Messages app 'time' (about an hour) to sort/display all messages? Sometimes it takes a while depending on how large the message database is.

snowborder714

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Were the conversations with that person 'chat' conversations (i.e. another Android/Samsung device using RCS, but not Google's)? If so, that's why your messages cannot be accessed other than by the 'stock' app. Also, have you given the Messages app 'time' (about an hour) to sort/display all messages? Sometimes it takes a while depending on how large the message database is.

A lot of text conversations look to be with iPhone users, but I can't say that 100% of them are.

Yes, I've been using the phone for over a week now but no more messages have appeared in Google's app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Force stop Google messages then open and see if it sync again, sometimes need give it little time

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I appreciate the help and ideas so far!

Is there a 3rd party backup and restore app that could help? Should I open a ticket with Google and see if they can help?
You can try to reach google see what they say , i think sms back up in play store can check out, your welcome!