Question MMI or unknown dialer code, please help!

Young98765

Apr 16, 2024
Visit site
I have looked everywhere I can think of, I called Verizon Wireless they don't use the codes that I have, I called the manufacturer and they haven't found it yet, I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me back but I'm not hopeful...

I have accountability software on my kid's phone, and I see they are putting numbers into the phone dialer. If I didn't have the accountability software I would never know that they were doing it because it disappears after you type it in and push send, no record on the phone bill.

1911#1933# 777777
1933#7

I couldn't find anything so I put 1911#1933# into the dialer and pressed send. It flash a quick message about MMI accepted, then the next call I received was from a private number, which it was my husband so it should not have been. After that phone calls came through according to how they should show on caller ID.

Can anybody tell me what these codes are? I am at a loss here. I don't know if my kid is trying to keep phone numbers off of the phone bill, or what. I also see scent and received text messages that are 999-999-9999. So kid is texting that number and receiving from that number.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. As far as I know, and I'm sure if there are other uses someone will show up and set me straight, but as far as I know # and * numbers that are entered into the dialer usually open a menu that allows you do things like test the device in different ways or change settings like when Developer options are unlocked. I'm going to disclaim again, as far as I know these codes don't hide anything or supersede any other settings or apps on the device. I've never heard of one that did anyway.

It would be an uncomfortable conversation I'm sure but if it's your phone, as the parent who bought it and pays for its service, you could just ask or take the phone and do it for yourself to see what happens.

While searching for this online I found your post at Samsung forums. I really don't have more than they offered. It is weird that after using it the next call came in as 999, seems like if there was a hack for that it would be easily found online. This article is a few years old but these are typical dialer codes. https://www.pcmag.com/news/13-secret-codes-that-unlock-hidden-features-on-your-phone

Wish I could have been more help.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63