Mobile app to edit RAW/DNG files?

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Can someone suggest any useful tools to edit RAW files on Android?

I know Lightroom can do it, but I'm not paying $4.99/month. I'll happily pay $100 for a version license but not a subscription.

Snapseed can edit them but destroys the image. The output even with PNG selected results in images less than 1MB, not even JPEG files in lightroom are that small.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Snapseed can edit them but destroys the image. The output even with PNG selected results in images less than 1MB, not even JPEG files in lightroom are that small.

That sounds like a settings issue. It's been a while since I used Snapseed, but that was never a problem with me. Maybe your jpeg export quality is set wrong?

As for other options, I don't really have much. I use this one on occasion.

There is a caveat, though. The app will open a DNG file, but it's not a true DNG editor. It opens the embedded jpeg preview that's inside the RAW file and that's what you'll be editing. I had confirmed this a couple years ago from the developer. Nowadays, I just do my raw editing on PC. Raw Therapee is a great free option for that, but probably not what you're after.

Reactions: SyCoREAPER

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like a settings issue. It's been a while since I used Snapseed, but that was never a problem with me. Maybe your jpeg export quality is set wrong?

As for other options, I don't really have much. I use this one on occasion.

There is a caveat, though. The app will open a DNG file, but it's not a true DNG editor. It opens the embedded jpeg preview that's inside the RAW file and that's what you'll be editing. I had confirmed this a couple years ago from the developer. Nowadays, I just do my raw editing on PC. Raw Therapee is a great free option for that, but probably not what you're after.

It was in fact me but due to dumb app design. Using Export > Save, one would assume it saves properly. But nooooo, you have to Export > Export to use the preselected settings in the menu. But hey, Google, I should expect no QC at this point.

Also, whenever I open DNG files, they don't open up unedited. For example, astrophotography. The sky come out washed out gray especially if there's any light pollution. Instead it colors the image ahead of time I see no fix for that unless I missed it.

As for your suggestion, this app is incredible. I actually think it works better than LightRoom with the same features that I would use.
Thank you very much for sharing it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It was in fact me but due to dumb app design. Using Export > Save, one would assume it saves properly. But nooooo, you have to Export > Export to use the preselected settings in the menu. But hey, Google, I should expect no QC at this point.

Also, whenever I open DNG files, they don't open up unedited. For example, astrophotography. The sky come out washed out gray especially if there's any light pollution. Instead it colors the image ahead of time I see no fix for that unless I missed it.

As for your suggestion, this app is incredible. I actually think it works better than LightRoom with the same features that I would use.
Thank you very much for sharing it.

I guess that export issue wouldn't bother me, but I'm use to how things often work on PC editors. On those, saving a file saves the project for later editing in the program's own format. I.e. GIMP saves in an XCF format. Exporting is for when you're finished and ready to output a final render into a regular image format like jpg. Not sure if that's what's going on in Snapseed, just saying I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

For the import coloring, it's probably applying the jpg preview settings to the image as a starting point. Again, this is often the case in PC editing, so not something I'd immediately say is out of the ordinary. It's probably not something you can fix, for lack of a better term.

Glad you're enjoying the other app, though! It's a diamond in the rough for sure.

Mar 31, 2024
Visit site
Adobe Lightroom APK does indeed offer tools to edit RAW files on Android devices. With its powerful editing capabilities, Lightroom allows users to adjust various aspects of RAW images, including exposure, white balance, contrast, highlights, shadows, and more.

Additionally, it provides advanced features such as lens correction, selective adjustments, and noise reduction, allowing for comprehensive RAW file editing directly on your Android device. While the premium version of Lightroom may require a subscription, the APK version you mentioned likely provides access to many of these editing tools without the need for a subscription fee. However, it's important to note that the legality and security of using modified or cracked versions of software like Lightroom APK can vary, so proceed with caution.

more ever you can get free premium Adobe Lightroom latest version and edit RAW files on Android withoit paying more 4.99$

thanks