Moto 360 Buying a 3rd party metal band?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
thanks to you and the other dude that let us know about this strap not working it saved me some money... I live in Canada and got the Moto 360 through a friend who went to the states last week..

the pebble steel strap is not as easy to find here ; < there was someone selling them on amazon but they have sold out ... i guess i am stuck with the leather strap until i can go to buffalo or have someone going to the US...

i called best buy near my house and they had no idea what the pebble even was....
Have you checked Best Buy's site to see if they have the band at your store? I would definitely at least make that attempt (or do a drive by if isn't far) before taking a BB employee's word for it.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
thanks to you and the other dude that let us know about this strap not working it saved me some money... I live in Canada and got the Moto 360 through a friend who went to the states last week..

the pebble steel strap is not as easy to find here ; < there was someone selling them on amazon but they have sold out ... i guess i am stuck with the leather strap until i can go to buffalo or have someone going to the US...

i called best buy near my house and they had no idea what the pebble even was....

Have you checked Best Buy's site to see if they have the band at your store? I would definitely at least make that attempt (or do a drive by if isn't far) before taking a BB employee's word for it.

Agreed with Dungoyle... My local best buy employee's seem relatively clueless on a regular basis. So, I wouldn't take their word for it.

Also, I figured I wasn't the only one looking at the Truffol band ;) .... NP.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Just fyi, best buy in canada is not the same as best buy in the us. That being said, canadian best buys do carry plastic pebble watches but not the steels so I'm pretty sure not the steel bands either...

[edit]: In fact, they do not seem to carry any pebbles anymore...in fact their smartwatch selection is pretty awful:

Smartwatches : Watches - Best Buy Canada
Bummer :(

Ebay, perhaps? I haven't checked myself, just a thought.

Fredcrn

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I read this thread and ordered a pebble band, but now I'm a bit concerned about the breaking of the plastic watch back statement. Anyone have any more info/feedback or suggestions?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I read this thread and ordered a pebble band, but now I'm a bit concerned about the breaking of the plastic watch back statement. Anyone have any more info/feedback or suggestions?
I've had no problems with mine whatsoever. I don't want to be dismissive about what others have reported, but I don't see how the watchband can cause any damage with normal use. There is some very slight contact on the back of the watch at the middle of the band. Is this the wear others are referring to? This contact does not occur unless the watch is not being worn, and you bend the band enough to make contact (like close to 90%). This condition will not occur when worn on your wrist. I would never even have looked for this if not mentioned. I may not even be referring to what others are reporting, but the attached photos are what I'm referring to.

1.JPG
2.JPG

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had no problems with mine whatsoever. I don't want to be dismissive about what others have reported, but I don't see how the watchband can cause any damage with normal use. There is some very slight contact on the back of the watch at the middle of the band. Is this the wear others are referring to? This contact does not occur unless the watch is not being worn, and you bend the band enough to make contact (like close to 90%). This condition will not occur when worn on your wrist. I would never even have looked for this if not mentioned. I may not even be referring to what others are reporting, but the attached photos are what I'm referring to.

View attachment 138650
View attachment 138651

That is exactly what I was referring to and, as mentioned earlier, I have not experienced any issues with mine. I would simply be careful and cautious with it if replacing the band is all.

realsol

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally ran accross this watch band as I was looking for a good silicone watch band (I had given up on finding a nice black steel band) and I spotted the Truffol Strap Replacement Band for Pebble Steel Smartwatch Metal Watch 20mm 22mm for Men for Women. Has anyone tried this?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally ran accross this watch band as I was looking for a good silicone watch band (I had given up on finding a nice black steel band) and I spotted the Truffol Strap Replacement Band for Pebble Steel Smartwatch Metal Watch 20mm 22mm for Men for Women. Has anyone tried this?
Doesn't fit. I've read more than one failed attempt. Sorry :(

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't fit. I've read more than one failed attempt. Sorry :(

As mentioned above... Will not fit as it comes out of the box :(

It's a bit too thick and too wide...
ugugega3.jpg

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Agreed with Dungoyle... My local best buy employee's seem relatively clueless on a regular basis. So, I wouldn't take their word for it.

Also, I figured I wasn't the only one looking at the Truffol band ;) .... NP.

yah... i checked... nothing... i just ordered one on Amazon from that place that sold out... gotta wait 2-5 weeks to even know when we will get it... ; <

markwallace101

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
yah... i checked... nothing... i just ordered one on Amazon from that place that sold out... gotta wait 2-5 weeks to even know when we will get it... ; <

I was too impatient to wait for one from Amazon, so I found one on Ebay that looks to be the exact same item. I can't post a link yet because I just joined the forum, but I'll let you know how it turns out. They also had very fast shipping, so that's a good sign.

Regards,

Mark

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Some folks have also cracked the back with the stock leather watch band, so I'm not sure the steel band is to blame. There's a poll over on XDA about it (along with wrist size, how you wear it, etc.).

I've had my steel band on for a week and it hasn't caused any problems for me.

drexappeal

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Alright, going with what some in here mentioned of 22mm working, it was a nightmare getting this stainless steel band I bought from ebay, on the watch, so I shaved down the end links using a metal filer. Here is my 22mm band with the end links shaven. I'll post the band up later.

20141004_203748.jpg

20141004_203529.jpg

For those that want an easier time, without needing to file down the end links, I'd recommend 20mm.

Sent from G-Note 8

Last edited:

Michael Lynady

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
A proper band must be "curved" to fit into the 360 properly - I took mine to a local jeweler - looked thru catalogs and had it in 2 days for $25-well worth it

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fakharzaman003