Moto Droid Turbo 2 Wireless charging, will the Samsung Wireless charger work with it?

A

AC Question

Moto Droid turbo 2 Wireless charging

Do any of you guys know if a Samsung wireless charger would work fine with a Moto DT2 (Moto x Force here in the UK). I'm assuming it would it's I'm a bit concerned about buying a cheap (I'm guessing Chinese)one from Ebay. Concerned about overheating issues.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto Droid turbo 2 Wireless charging

Hi, yeah I don't see why it wouldn't work, it's just a Qi charger. I've charged my Nexus 7 on my Samsung wireless charger pad before (was very slow, but it charged)

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

I have a Samsung wireless charger and the D2 works on it. The charging receptor inside the D2 is slightly lower than center, so you have to adjust for it. I use a 3 coil charger that is available on ebay and sits at about a 45 degree angle. I had to put a pencil on the bottom to raise up the D2 to accomodate the centered coils. After that it works just fine. Very convenient.

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site

I think most of the Wireless Qi chargers on the market only charge at 5 watts, as opposed to the 25 watt fast charge from the OEM charger with the DT2. This was info I found on the Wireless Qi Consortium's web page. They were talking about a next generation Qi charger they are testing that might do 15 watts.

Doc

Posted via the Android Central App on my Motorola Droid Turbo 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal