moto G power blurry pics

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Camera takes blurry pics. Especially when enlarged. Contrast is also lacking. My old ZTE Z719DL took much better pics. I thought with time Id adapt and get better taking pics with the moto G, but it's not happening. I have decades of camera experience with 35mm cameras. Why are the pics blurry. Also the contrast is less.

Maybe there is something that Im doing wrong. I did notice if I make a concerted effort to hold it extra steady with two hands and brace my arms against a solid object, the pics are less blurry, but they are still a little blurry and once enlarged even 3 or 4x they are awful. Blurry with flash too.

There are other issues too, so maybe entire phones needs a reset...but I just bought it two months ago.

ideas?

thanks,
paul

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to consider is that digital zoom can be pretty bad on basic phone cameras (unless you have special camera software like on the Pixel that uses AI to improve the image). So it's not unusual for photos that are taken with 3-4x digital zoom to look grainy or blurry.

Motorola has never been known for particularly good cameras. If phone photography is important to you, consider changing to a Pixel. Even the "a" series (i.e., the Pixel 5a or 6a) have the same great camera software as the flagship Pixels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali