Moto G5+ Active Display/Recurring Notification

TommieG83

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
All, I am coming from legacy moto phones (Moto X, Moto X2nd gen) which all have the ambient display. I realize this is no longer an option on the G5/G5+.

However, in Moto Display app, it CLEARLY states that unread notifications will fade in and out on the lock screen. As it is right now, when I get a missed call/text/email, it notifies the screen just ONCE and never again. I was expecting every minute?

I constantly have to keep bumping my phone when I leave my phone unattended to get the display to turn on and see if I missed anything. This is a ridiculous user experience and a waste of my time, the phone should work for ME! I would love some help/support on this issue or if there is a 3rd party app which solves this problem.

Everyone else must be having the same issue? Suggestions?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
The Moto App still states that, but they changed it last year. Now it fades in once and you have to touch the phone or wave your hand to see the Notification. They just haven't updated the verbiage in the app description.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The Moto App still states that, but they changed it last year. Now it fades in once and you have to touch the phone or wave your hand to see the Notification. They just haven't updated the verbiage in the app description.

^^ This. In recent Moto models notifications don't breathe/pulse anymore. Personally, I prefer it this way.

TommieG83

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
Ya I didn't care for the 'breathing' of just the time; but when a missed call/text came up, it was useful. Now I have to babysit my phone instead of the other way around. Its the psychology of the whole thing. Oh well, at least it would be nice to have the option to enable/disable rather than take it all away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgegerta08