Moto X 2014 Whats your estimated delivery?

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on 9/16 before 2:30 EST, est delivery was 9/29, white front, natural leather back. Got email and call yesterday saying my phone was delayed 2 weeks. I guess it's because those that ordered AFTER me on verizon are more important than me, even though I gave moto $500 11 days ago. Pretty pissed off. How can I order a phone less than 4 hours after it goes live, get an email that my phone is being assembled on the 18th, then get an email a week later saying my order was delayed (which means they lied during the first email), only to see a whole bunch of white phones in the verizon store and arriving on people's doorstep who ordered after me. What good is preordering a phone if I get it after everyone else anyway? It's like Motorola doesn't want my business or something, which is fine, I'll gladly take my business to Sony who actually makes a phone with great specs, better battery life and camera, that actually fits in your hand (how Sony can fit a bigger battery, better camera, and the same specs in a phone MUCH smaller than the Moto X is beyond me). The only one losing here is me (my time messing with moto) and moto themselves, since I've netted them over $1000 in the last 6 months (bought the first moto x, the second one, the moto 360, have a pair of moto buds, and am contemplating getting a moto hint as well). This whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry, I know it wasn't a rant thread (we need one), just had to net out my frustration with this half assed company.

Last edited:

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
People seem to forget that Verizon has different radios, so even though you ordered before us, it's not like their using what could have been yours and gave it to us.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

dst3r

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Ordered a VZW 32GB Black/Black/Dark Grey around 06:00 EDT...also have an estimated delivery date of 10/8

I literally just received a shipping notification - shipped from Ft. Worth this afternoon and FedEx estimates delivery on 9/30, over a week early!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
WOW, So I placed a moto maker order on the 26th at about 130am. I did a 32gb, black front, bamboo back, yellow trim on Verizon and it told me delivery date was October 2nd.

Well, I just checked order status and it was shipped and tracking shows delivery on September 30th. That's a 4 day turn around and I'm extremely happy. I would recommend others to check their order status as well, because I didn't get a email about it being shipped.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
25e576cb7ea4e48898a502a1df75202d.jpg

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
People seem to forget that Verizon has different radios, so even though you ordered before us, it's not like their using what could have been yours and gave it to us.

That has little to do with the lack of white fronts which is seemingly why my devices was back ordered. I think that has a lot to do with moto launching in a bunch if places before they could get orders out to those that already paid. I know they couldn't give me a Verizon device, but had the Verizon launch been set back from the lack of white fronts, they launched on Verizon and India anyway and now I have to wait. Either way, it shows Motorola as being very incompetent.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered on 9/26 at 6:30am. Expected delivery date of 10/8. It's a black front with a bamboo back and olive trim and 32gb... Boot up greeting says "Akuma".

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If I don't have a shipping notice on Monday I'm canceling my order. It doesn't take 10 days to assemble a phone

Do you mean return it once you get it? I do not think you can cancel it at this point. I started having the same thoughts yesterday. If It does not arrive this week. I may return it.

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered on 9/16 before 2:30 EST, est delivery was 9/29, white front, natural leather back. Got email and call yesterday saying my phone was delayed 2 weeks. I guess it's because those that ordered AFTER me on verizon are more important than me, even though I gave moto $500 11 days ago. Pretty pissed off. How can I order a phone less than 4 hours after it goes live, get an email that my phone is being assembled on the 18th, then get an email a week later saying my order was delayed (which means they lied during the first email), only to see a whole bunch of white phones in the verizon store and arriving on people's doorstep who ordered after me. What good is preordering a phone if I get it after everyone else anyway? It's like Motorola doesn't want my business or something, which is fine, I'll gladly take my business to Sony who actually makes a phone with great specs, better battery life and camera, that actually fits in your hand (how Sony can fit a bigger battery, better camera, and the same specs in a phone MUCH smaller than the Moto X is beyond me). The only one losing here is me (my time messing with moto) and moto themselves, since I've netted them over $1000 in the last 6 months (bought the first moto x, the second one, the moto 360, have a pair of moto buds, and am contemplating getting a moto hint as well). This whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry, I know it wasn't a rant thread (we need one), just had to net out my frustration with this half assed company.

Not sure if the other orders are slowing yours down, but I hear you. I am starting to have the same thoughts. They have had my $585 for 10 days (Apple only charged me the day my iPhone 6+ shipped) and other than an acknowledgement that they received my order and another on Sept 19 (nine days ago) that they are building it...nothing.

If I do not receive it this week, I will most likely return it for a refund. I ordered two Moto X's last year and it seems the whole process was more streamlined. Too many other devices that are ready to go now. May look at the Z3 Compact.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean return it once you get it? I do not think you can cancel it at this point. I started having the same thoughts yesterday. If It does not arrive this week. I may return it.

Return it or not accept it. They charged me when I ordered and its making me mad that people order a week after me are getting their devices before me.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
October 7 for me. I ordered an all black with leather back on the 25th of September.

What provider? This right here is what is passing me off. I'm glad you're getting your phone. I am done. I am getting my iPhone 6 and going to live with iOS and a great camera.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
What provider? This right here is what is passing me off. I'm glad you're getting your phone. I am done. I am getting my iPhone 6 and going to live with iOS and a great camera.

Have fun with that. Tell me what make the iPhone 6 so much different from every other iPhone other than stealing ideas from Android and increasing to 4.7 which is a joke for what they call a big screen. Also, a 720 display? Lolol

Patience I a virtue my friend, you should wait for what you want.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Have fun with that. Tell me what make the iPhone 6 so much different from every other iPhone other than stealing ideas from Android and increasing to 4.7 which is a joke for what they call a big screen. Also, a 720 display? Lolol

Patience I a virtue my friend, you should wait for what you want.

They steal from each other. Which is a good thing. I'm willing to put up with an inferior OS. At least I have a superior camera. And 720p on 4.7" display is fine.

MichaelKz

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Ordered 9/26: Pure Edition; 32gb, black front, walnut back, engraved.
SHIPPED FedEx from Ft. Worth 9/30 w/ est delivery 10/2.
That's shipment in 4 days & delivery in under 1 week.
Not bad . . . and a week ahead of original estimate from Motorola!

ISiddiqui

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So mine is still listed as estimated for 10/8 (I ordered 9/26 Verizon - white front, 32 GB). No delayed email, but no "We're assembling it" email either. I'm kind of worried about the lack of assembly email.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
My sister ordered a white front, raspberry back with dark grey accents on Saturday that was expected to ship Oct. 22. She got an email this morning stating that it will be delivered tomorrow. I guess the 4 week delay on the white fronts wasn't entirely true. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle