Moto X (2nd gen) XT1096 Verizon: Lollipop 5.1 Update

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone got Verizon 5.1 soak test?

Post performance here! I'm anxious to hear how battery life is (mine has NOT been great on 5.0).

I'm going with Milky Way via
the Android Central App

Joeygerms1210

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X (2nd gen): Lollipop 5.1 Verizon

I don't know about the battery yet (I just installed the soak test leak this morning), but I am extremely disappointed there is no Advanced Calling.

Posted via the Android Central App

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

I don't know about the battery yet (I just installed the soak test leak this morning), but I am extremely disappointed there is no Advanced Calling.

Posted via the Android Central App

The lack of Advanced Calling is insulting. This was promised 90 day from the phones release and we still don't have it. As much as it pains me it has become apparent by this and the horribly delayed update schedule for their 2013 and 2014 phones that Motorola simply isn't large enough anymore without Google's ownership to properly compete in the smartphone market. Assuming we get a normal sized Nexus this fall I will likely be forced to go that route.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

I just got a notification that there is a system update available, 497.8MB, downloading now. I'm assuming this is 5.1. Moto X on VZW

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, an Emergency Alerts app was added to my phone, and of course it can't be disabled.

Love you, Verizon!

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Does anyone know why Advanced Calling was not included? I swore I read all over the web in the last few weeks that the whole reason VZW skipped on 5.0.2 (or whatever it was) and went straight to 5.1 was becuase 5.1 includes native support for VoLTE.

Also, @Gone down south, I bought my Moto X (2014) with 5.0 installed, and I've had the Emergency Alert app the whole time. I had something similar on my Moto X 2013 running 4.4.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Checked for update this morning: Nothing. Checked for updated ten minutes ago: Bingo! (So much for the theory that you only get one shot at the update button.)

TJH

themonk

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

The lack of Advanced Calling is insulting. This was promised 90 day from the phones release and we still don't have it. As much as it pains me it has become apparent by this and the horribly delayed update schedule for their 2013 and 2014 phones that Motorola simply isn't large enough anymore without Google's ownership to properly compete in the smartphone market. Assuming we get a normal sized Nexus this fall I will likely be forced to go that route.

I was discussing this with one of Motorola lead engineers and he said that issue is on Verizon's end. They (Verizon) needs to write and app to allow the moto x to use Advanced Calling. Take it for what its worth = not much but I thought I would pass it along.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg