Moto X Style vs. Other Phones

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: What other phones are you considering?

Either keeping my Note 4, the Style, or the LG Nexus. The Haewaueie Nexus is fugly as sin so I won't even consider it regardless of options.

Leaning towards this decked out in Ohio St color schemes :)

Just gotta make sure this thing's camera can perform in low light situations. Moto's features are the most useful for my lifestyle.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Only other phones I'm considering are the Nexus devices. The Blackberry Venice has also piqued my interest, but I'm not going to wait till the rumored November release. I still may get it later in the year depending on how it turns out.

Posted via the AC app

bemba

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

Only other phones I'm considering are the Nexus devices. The Blackberry Venice has also piqued my interest, but I'm not going to wait till the rumored November release. I still may get it later in the year depending on how it turns out.

Surely you are aware that the Nexus phones usually launch around November?

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Surely you are aware that the Nexus phones usually launch around November?

I am aware of that. I was just basing it on a rumor that the LG Nexus will supposedly be out on September 29. I'm leaning more towards that one than the Huawei. Last I heard, the Huawei Nexus was due for a Q4 release. So likely the usual November release for that one if rumors are to be believed.

More Nexus info will probably be leaked in the coming weeks so if the date changes (like with most rumors), I may just end up getting the X first just to get rid of my S6.

Posted via the AC app

Jon F

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

I'm up in the air as well. I'm currently on a OnePlus One, but I'm so tired of it. I am not interested in buying a OnePlus Two. The company has completely gone down and the OnePlus Two looks like total trash IMO. Worthless "features" that won't help me one bit. That being said, I'm in a toss up between the Galaxy Note 5, the Galaxy S6 Edge +, the Moto X Pure, and the LG Nexus. Money isn't a question, so that what other compelling reasons are there for one phone or another?

Last edited by a moderator:

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

People saying the lg nexus thats a 5.2 he wants a big screen so the huawei version of the nexus 2015 is what u want but have fun waiting another 2 months.. Id stick with the moto x pure its right around the corner unless u can wait a few more weeks or a month for the oneplus 2 even tho id doubt us will get there version any time soon

anon(5061193)

Banned
Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

The hunt continues.. I have bought and returned the LG G4 and Note 5 in the last two months. Trying to find replacement for my Iphone 6+...... Next up on the list is the new Droid 2 (or whatever they call it from Verizon) and the new Window phones.

Almost one year in and the 6+ is still the winner...

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm up in the air as well. I'm currently on a OnePlus One, but I'm so tired of it. I am not interested in buying a OnePlus Two. The company has completely gone down and the OnePlus Two looks like total trash IMO. Worthless "features" that won't help me one bit. That being said, I'm in a toss up between the Galaxy Note 5, the Galaxy S6 Edge +, the Moto X Pure, and the LG Nexus. Money isn't a question, so that what other compelling reasons are there for one phone or another?

Compelling for me is stock Android vs Touchwiz. While Touchwiz is cleaned up nicely on the S6 and Note 5, its still there. My phones will slowly but surely each day start lagging to the point where a reboot is needed. And that's with a fresh reboot off the charger at 630am every day. That's why I'm leaning to LG Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

The hunt continues.. I have bought and returned the LG G4 and Note 5 in the last two months. Trying to find replacement for my Iphone 6+...... Next up on the list is the new Droid 2 (or whatever they call it from Verizon) and the new Window phones.

The 6+ has to be my favorite flagship released within the last year. If it wasn't for me being a smartphone addict, I would still be using it. Such an amazing device.

Posted via the AC app

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

International unlocked LG G4 is my other option under consideration. I'd like to be able to wait for the Nexus 5 2015, but I really need to replace my old HTC One M7. I'm already in the "well let me wait until the next phone comes out to see if the rumors are true" vicious cycle.

Posted via Android Central App

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site

i was thinking a nexus 6 but its old an outdated now an seems the moto x style will be better with better camera ?

i would never buy any samsung crap i was also thinkin a lgg 4 but im done with lg :( they hardly update there white phones if at all

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

you better stick with the iphone. i can say from experience that you will not be happy long term with a android nothing. i wish o had my iphone 6 back .

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

you better stick with the iphone. i can say from experience that you will not be happy long term with a android nothing. i wish o had my iphone 6 back .

I'm sorry your Android experience was not favorable. That being said, I made the jump years ago and haven't looked back. Can't imagine going back.

Also, for the sake of participating in the thread, anyone in the market for a new device should wait for the new LG Nexus in the fall. My old Nexus 5 was the best phone I ever had. Stock Android, in my opinion, is the way to go.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

why not just get a Pure or one of the Nexus phones? I can tell you right now, if the Note 5 or G4 didn't float your boat, some bloated up hot mess courtesy of Verizon isn't gonna do it for you.

And if you simply just prefer iOS, no Android device will satisfy you, but depending on exactly what it is your looking for, there's 3 phones coming out soon that at least for me, are of interest.

If you like unlocked, non branded, bloat free phones that run stock, and are more customizable than any other phone out there, Moto Pure and Nexus (x2) might work.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Got the Note 5, but still buying the Most X Style. Only not buying it if the Nexus 5 2015 will get released before this. By the end of the year will decide which to keep between Note 5, Moto X and Nexus, and then sell the others.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Moto X pure= great price, stock android, Moto maker, sim unlocked. What else could you want. For the Price its hard to beet the Moto x Pure IMO