Motorola DROID MINI, DROID MAXX successors

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Where have you heard that?

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

From nobody who actually knows when the products will be announced. The only people who do know work at Verizon and Motorola and are not willing nor able to say until the official announcement is made. The phones will come when they come.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, the current Droid lineup was announced a couple weeks before the Moto X. Not that that necessarily has any relevance to what'll happen this time around, but the Droids were announced late July, MotoX early August. So if they stick with a similar schedule, it could be any day now.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the Moto Maxx will be a separate phone from the Droid Maxx? If the rumors of the Moto X being a 5.2 inch screen are true, it wouldn't make sense to have a Moto Maxx and a Droid Maxx, right? The only way this would make sense is if the Moto Maxx is a 5.2 inch screen and the Droid Maxx became more a phablet with a huge battery (say, 5.7 inch screen).

Let's say the Moto Maxx was a 5.2 inch screen with a 3800 mAh battery and the Droid Maxx was a 5.7 inch screen with a 4000 mAh battery. Which one would you buy?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the Moto Maxx will be a separate phone from the Droid Maxx? If the rumors of the Moto X being a 5.2 inch screen are true, it wouldn't make sense to have a Moto Maxx and a Droid Maxx, right? The only way this would make sense is if the Moto Maxx is a 5.2 inch screen and the Droid Maxx became more a phablet with a huge battery (say, 5.7 inch screen).

Let's say the Moto Maxx was a 5.2 inch screen with a 3800 mAh battery and the Droid Maxx was a 5.7 inch screen with a 4000 mAh battery. Which one would you buy?

For many years moto sold versions of the Droids as non Droid versions. The milestone keyboard phones sold overseas, for example. I tend to think that moto is prevented by contract from selling these phones that match the Droids in the US. Still, a moto Maxx may just be a moto x+1 with a larger battery.

I guess we'll see when we see...

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
How long will it be from when the Droid Maxx successor is announced to when it is available? I am eligible for a Verizon upgrade at the end of September and was wondering if the new Droid line will be available by then.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
How long will it be from when the Droid Maxx successor is announced to when it is available? I am eligible for a Verizon upgrade at the end of September and was wondering if the new Droid line will be available by then.

Seems like it should be anytime now since they apparently already have the name trademarked and it's about the right time of the year.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Seems like it should be anytime now since they apparently already have the name trademarked and it's about the right time of the year.

The Moto Maxx may not be a Droid model. We don't really know anything yet about new Droids, except that there's a rumor they're coming, but that's the same as last year, when the Droid announcement was a surprise.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/hellomotohk/posts/448808218592432

FkIsqi1.jpg

11fLrap.jpg

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Hmm looks like 2 sensors in the lower bezel? Seems like there's some proof to back up what's been said here.. Granted this is a Verizon device Droid or something else. But the Droid ultra/maxx was based closely on the moto x so... Anywho I wonder who wanted to move away from on screen buttons, I would assume Verizon. No idea why.

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmm looks like 2 sensors in the lower bezel? Seems like there's some proof to back up what's been said here.. Granted this is a Verizon device Droid or something else. But the Droid ultra/maxx was based closely on the moto x so... Anywho I wonder who wanted to move away from on screen buttons, I would assume Verizon. No idea why.
I've never liked on screen buttons. I don't want buttons on my screen unless they are app specific. Common buttons that I always use should be off screen. No need to waste space on the screen with them. I don't wan them hidden either. When I want to hit the home button, I want it right there, where it always is, no matter how I orient the phone and regardless of whatever else I'm doing with my phone.

There are still those of us who don't like them on screen. In fact, it was one of the deciding factors when I was deciding between the Droid Maxx and the LG G2. I really hope these pictures turn out to be accurate.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For many years moto sold versions of the Droids as non Droid versions. The milestone keyboard phones sold overseas, for example. I tend to think that moto is prevented by contract from selling these phones that match the Droids in the US. Still, a moto Maxx may just be a moto x+1 with a larger battery.

I guess we'll see when we see...

Pretty much the trend until last years DROIDs.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting. I've been waiting a long time to see what Motorola has planned for the next Maxx. Great news that something is apparently in the works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi