Motorola shows off first ad for Moto X Phone, teases a phone ?designed by you?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
@RY
Ignore the destroy part in my post

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

I have and I ended up re-writing what I posted earlier. It still stands. Less relevant. Redundant. I'm saying the same thing over and over again.

Posted via Android Central App

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Remember, I'm only concerned with Android application development. Not ROM development.

For application developers, having access to a Nexus phone means they can develop and test their application on the latest version of Android. If Google forces Motorola to ship "stock" Android on all new Motorola phones (and keeps them up to date, implied because Motorola is a Google company now), there is less of a need to rely on a Nexus phone to get access to the latest version of Android.

Yes. Please read it over again. If Motorola ships stock Android and keeps it up to date, there is less of a need to have a Nexus line of phones. Android's latest (and greatest) would be shown off on Motorola devices instead of Nexus devices.

So you are arguing that on stock android that you can not block developers from creating apps, YES OR NO?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So you are arguing that on stock android that you can not block developers from creating apps, YES OR NO?

Your new question is irrelevant because for the most part, developers are NOT blocked from almost any phone or tablet running Android (or stock Android). In fact, the only time I can recall the untrusted sources option being removed was during AT&T's early days with Android.

My answer to your new question is no.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Your new question is irrelevant because for the most part, developers are NOT blocked from almost any phone or tablet running Android (or stock Android). In fact, the only time I can recall the untrusted sources option being removed was during AT&T's early days with Android.

My answer to your new question is no.
Now if Motorola did block developers access leaving Nexus devices necessary. (a proposition I have mention before)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Now if Motorola did block developers access leaving Nexus devices necessary. (a proposition I have mention before)

Sure.

But again, pretty much no one is blocked from sideloading.