Multitasking solution, without needing to root (I think!)

aakaspi

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Seems to work really well! Was able to start a Facebook post... Come here.. Load a Web Page.. And then go finish the post with no issues. You daa bomb.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok for me it works when I only have a handful of apps open, if I have more than 4 it's just the sane old same old. Silly me thinking Sense4 autokilled apps after a while.

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Wow, glad to know this method has helped quite a lot of you, although, like I said, I take no credit for this, thank some guy on xda (yeah, I don't even know his name, I was really that hopeless trying out this fix) Its been a week since I did this and my phone is still multitasking fine.

@mikeenu, what apps are you using? Like I said before, I've found quite a few apps that still reload, and with the exception of browser, these apps can be classified as low priority/high power consumers, so it sort of makes sense if Sense kills them to save power and memory (although I would prefer if it didnt!)

@aboxa, yeah I also realised this, but my apps (that are not in the four most recent apps) are at least being frozen, its definitely not "same old same old" when my HOX was killing them completely. Also there is also a time limit, which I've found to be around 15-20 minutes, then Sense kills apps and they reload when you open them again.

@roberttelkins, although the HOX multitasks well now, I must admit S3 does the job much much better - it also shows all opened apps unlike HOX which only shows 9. (Btw I must say that other "switching to S3" thread is total bull! Those guys change phones like they're changing socks, its not like they'll stick to the S3 for too long either. Most normal people are on 2 year contracts and made carefully thought out decisions to which phone we want to be using for the next 2 years)

@furygoalbrtis39, thank you so much, I can now finish off writing that resignation letter and live on a Greek island happily ever after.

mbcastle

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
It definitely helps, but Rhapsody still stops when I'm streaming it and then try to browse the web or email at the same time. My old Aria had no trouble with This.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm... Interesting. I cannot say I experience the problem on my international HOX, I can download a file, listen to music in the background, watch a video and then come back to a browser post and finish it, and I have always been able to.

In any case, I don?t see the point in starting a post and wanting to come back to it after 15 minutes... In all honesty, I would rather see my phone put that app down to sleep instead of keeping it open that long... I don?t know, I am conscious my phone is a phone, I don?t want it nor expect it to work like a PC, and I certainly don?t want it to if that means my battery life is cut in half.

It is all down to choice, I suppose, and that is why I am not really interested in applying this change, but in any case I am curious, I would like to know if there is any obvious downside, like shorter battery life?

Thanks to the OP for sharing this fix, which seems to be improving the experience of so many users!

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm... Interesting. I cannot say I experience the problem on my international HOX, I can download a file, listen to music in the background, watch a video and then come back to a browser post and finish it, and I have always been able to.

In any case, I don?t see the point in starting a post and wanting to come back to it after 15 minutes... In all honesty, I would rather see my phone put that app down to sleep instead of keeping it open that long... I don?t know, I am conscious my phone is a phone, I don?t want it nor expect it to work like a PC, and I certainly don?t want it to if that means my battery life is cut in half.

It is all down to choice, I suppose, and that is why I am not really interested in applying this change, but in any case I am curious, I would like to know if there is any obvious downside, like shorter battery life?

Thanks to the OP for sharing this fix, which seems to be improving the experience of so many users!

I've noticed no change in my awesome battery life.

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Yup, seems to have done the trick for me. Running Nova Launcher and the phone is even slightly quicker now. Much appreciated for the tip!

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I decided to give it a go and can confirm I have seen no changes in battery life, at least not obvious. As far as multitasking goes, I have seen no difference either, it works just like it did before applying this tweak: Good. I do have the feeling, though, that the phone is a tiny bit faster.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Mostly Bumping this thread. Cuz it needs to be sticky.

But also reporting that you might have to do this again later, if you notice the phone restarting apps again. This definitely makes a difference for me on my international version.

I'm also not totally sure a phone Restart is required.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This definitely just fixed my issue. I was noticing it the most with facebook. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Seems like this works on the International version, is there any feedback from users with the AT&T branded 1X, with it working?

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the AT&T version, and when I do it, in my case...it only lasts for a couple hours before I have to do it again.

donsloan1122

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I have an EVO4GLTE and this does seem to help a little with multitasking but I can't objectively point to a significant improvement. Widgets seem to load faster. Still have plenty of re-loads bouncing between open stock browser, text and gallery apps. Angry Birds reloads to start screen consistently. But I'm thankful for the tip! It definitely didn't hurt anything.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans