MUST HAVE APP to go with your flip cover.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if you've noticed, but there is a little lag in the phone waking up when you hit the power or home button to wake the phone. I downloaded an app that wakes up my screen as soon as it senses that I am opening the flap. It is a LOT faster than hitting the power or home button.

There are a bunch that do the same thing. I tried a couple of free ones, but they didn't work. This paid one has a free trial if you want to try it out. I picked this paid one because it had the best reviews. It says you might have trouble with a dark colored case, but it works great with my dark Titanium case..

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...hinkTank.FlipCaseControl&hl=en&token=Pwy4KbHd

Free trial
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...trolTrial&feature=related_apps&token=w58Q9orh.

I HATE the added bulk of any case and this one adds next to nothing in bulk to the phone. I also HATE how stick on screen protectors look after a few weeks of use. Scratches all over them, edges coming up, finger print/oil magnets and nothing feels as smooth as the naked glass on your fingers. So i decided to try out the Samsung flip cover. I LOVE IT! It pretects the screen when ever it is in my pocket or my work bag and adds next to no bulk to it like a regular case.
Only down side is that it doesn't offer much protection in case of a fall. I don't drop my phones so I'm not worried about that. My flip cover is only "closed" when it's in my pocket. Any other time when it's on my desk at work, on my night stand or anywhere else where I can see it i lay it down with the flip cover "flipped" so I can still see my notification light. Even on my OEM car dock it fits with the flap flipped back. Not only can you see your phone like this, but it also protects the back of the phone from scratches. Taking pictures/video with it is a little awkward at first with the flap hanging, but you get used to it pretty quick.

I also like that you can use the phone during a phone call with the cover closed so you don't get face grease all over your screen.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Another thing about Flip Case Control is when your cover is open and your screen is off, you can just cover the sensor for a second to turn your screen on. I like not having to push buttons.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I drilled a hole in my cover so I could keep it closed and still see the light. Damn near looks like it was always meant to be there. :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious about battery life too. I saw some reviews in the Play store that say it drained their battery. I got a cover case but am leaning towards not using it. My issues are taking pics with it on, not seeing the notification light and generally liking the Note naked. But, I do like the idea of the case. This app would definitely be a plus for using it!

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
does this waste battery?
The developer said that there is an option that he disables automatically on the Note 2 because of a battery drain problem. To be very honest I was very worried about having my light sensor on all the time. After using it for a few days I can report that it doesn't waste the battery at all. It actually seems like the battery lasts a little longer, believe it or not.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
He is working on a fix for deep sleep. No big deal in my opinion. Rather save the battery.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice that when you open your flip case the screen is dim and you need to touch the screen to get the brightness to a correct level. Is there a fix to this? I tried to turn off auto brightness and have it set to one position but it still did the same thing.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I use a screen protector. O get them from Verizon. Still slick. Doesn't look like one is on it. I clean with eye glass cleaner and microfiber soft cloth. Just foray a little on the cloth and viola! Clean

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2