My Acer Icona Tab A100 won't let me connect to the Google Play Store w/a strong wifi connection....

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I click on the App, It states: "The application Google Play Store (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." The two choices below this info are: "Force close & Report"... I've tried both to no avail... At some point, the App complained my browser was out-dated... hence, why I was trying to access the play store to up-grade or install another browser such as Firefox. How can I make any changes if I can't connect to the Play Store using the App or the default browser ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Wow, that's a blast from the past. I had an A100 way way back. I agree with hallux, it's probably too old to support the current Play Store.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Did it get anymore updates like 5.0 ?

Between 4.0 (ICS) and 5.0 (Lollipop) we had Jellybean and KitKat so no. The site I linked is generally current on what OS versions a device was updated to, especially with a device this old. That device, much like the A500 I had back then, started with Honeycomb (a tablet-specific version of Android) and was upgraded to ICS.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome
Android version 3.2.1

With that information I can definitively say that the device will not connect to the Play Store. Google's minimum OS for that I believe is 4.3. At the very least, the lowest supported OS version is 4.3 I believe and I expect that to change soon. Older than that version and apps may not work properly, or at all, and will not support the proper security protocols.

Even if you take the update to the latest version that device received it won't be enough.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Between 4.0 (ICS) and 5.0 (Lollipop) we had Jellybean and KitKat so no. The site I linked is generally current on what OS versions a device was updated to, especially with a device this old. That device, much like the A500 I had back then, started with Honeycomb (a tablet-specific version of Android) and was upgraded to ICS.
Ok , appreciate that , that's definitely old operating system. You probably correct it old the play store wont run on it

3phone0this8

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
The strange thing is, I can connect to the internet using Google search... It's a shame because the tablet is like new w/very little use... I guess it will become a media player w/Bluetooth capability, as that still works... Sucks that I can't read any of the books that I paid for on it now, as it was a good size for holding w/one hand etc. ( Not in the market for another 7" tablet either )... guess I'll see if the Acer website has anything to work with... Thanks to all for the info, non the less...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike