My Galaxy S2 screen is completely broken and the phone is locked! I need help :(

sams_123

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Samsung galaxy s2 i9100 which I bought 4 years ago. Two weeks ago my phone accidentally fell on the floor and the screen is cracked :( . The phone was turned off on that moment. (I had set two different passwords for the screen and the sim, long before the accident). I cannot access the phone :( :( . There are many important files and messages stored in the phone. How can get them out of my phone? Please help! :( :( :(

I tried connecting the phone with kies (PC), but kies asks me to enter the screen unlock password in the phone before it shows me any file there is No option enter the password inside Kies :( .

Moreover, I cannot use the samsung online service "Find my phone" because it requires the phone to turn on Wi-Fi so that the service can find the phone, I cannot turn-on the Wi-fi in the phone as the screen is un-usable. What can I do to retrieve all files (pic, vdo, messages, contacts etc) from my phone? Please help me :( :( :( ....... (p.s: I do not have any money to get the screen repaired)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can try to access the phone using this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...de-accessing-locked-phone-cracked-screen.html. However, this will only allow you to access discrete document files or media files. If your contacts were all saved to the local Phone account, then you won't be able to access them, because they're saved in an SQLite database file in a protected system directory. The same goes for text messages.

This is one of the best reasons to make sure all of this kind of information is synced or backed up to your Google cloud. That means that any time you enter a contact, it should be to your Google account, not the local Phone account, since the former will automatically sync to your Google Contacts in the cloud, while the latter will just sit on the phone, waiting for disaster to strike. Photos should also be backed up on a regular basis, either to your computer or to the cloud. Google Photos Auto Backup is a great thing, so I suggest you start using it in the future, to avoid the heartbreak of unexpectedly losing precious photos.