My Galaxy S6 Edge keeps connecting/disconnecting from my PC, already reinstalled drivers. Windows 10

sid2793

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
it's a usb power setting
1. Go to power options on your computer
2. Click 'change plan setting' to the right of your chosen plan.
3. Click 'change advanced power setting' on your chosen plan.
4. Expand 'usb settings' .
5. Expand 'usb selective suspend setting' and change it to disabled.for on battery and plugged in

worked perfectly sir! Thank you.

owlis

Jun 15, 2017
Visit site
It's a USB Power setting
1. Go to Power Options on your computer
2. Click 'Change plan setting' to the right of your chosen plan.
3. Click 'Change advanced power setting' on your chosen plan.
4. Expand 'USB Settings' .
5. Expand 'USB selective suspend setting' and change it to disabled.for On battery and Plugged In

YOU ARE AWESOME. This disconnecting issue had bothered me for a year and now YOU fixed it! Thanks so much.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Side Sync wireless. without a USB cable
i want to connect wireless to windows 10? without disconnect any solution over WiFI?

sedentary

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
If you have a usb with the "SS" on it you should use that port. It's specifically meant for powering things. Otherwise using an older data cable that doesn't support the 2 amp charge rate should fix it. Older doesn't mean that it doesn't allow 2 amps.

This was very helpful for figuring it out on my machine. Thanks.

Infallibatorix

Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
It's a USB Power setting
5. Expand 'USB selective suspend setting' and change it to disabled.for On battery and Plugged In

This fixed my problem!

rajan_narayan

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
It's a USB Power setting

Worked perfectly for my Samsung Galaxy S9+ on Windows 10 Professional. Thank you!!

The alternative fix to use another/old cable has the same root issue - the power draw of the device is equal to or greater than the output of the USB port or cable's ability ("charge only" cable vs "charge and sync" cable). Copying data across the cable affects the power draw enough to cause a disconnect, which then reconnects when nothing is being transferred, and on and on it goes.

mattbond

Nov 29, 2018
Visit site
For anyone still suffering with this (and believe me, I understand!), it's the cable.

I've just changed the original charging cable to a PS4 charger (I know not everyone will own one), and it's working perfectly.

Ditch the cable, use a different one. So relieved right now!

Squidwards_Queen

Oct 26, 2019
Visit site
It's a USB Power setting

I know this thread is old, but I have a Samsung S9 through T-Mobile and I had this issue. I knew it wasn't my charging port on phone, because it charges perfectly in my room with no issues. Both my phone charging cord and the phone cord I use for the computer are AmazonBasics 10 foot cables from Amazon's website.

I followed the above steps and they are correct; they just need a few modifications. So here they are:

To change the USB power settings on a new Android phone (meaning one that uses a USB-C cable):

1. Double-click the Control Panel. If it's not already saved a shortcut on your home screen, see 1A for more details.
- 1A. Press the Windows 'flag' symbol and the 'R' button at the same time, then let go.
-1B. In the box that pops up, type the words 'control panel' and click the 'OK' button.

2. Click on the 'Hardware And Sounds'.

3. Under the 'Power Options' tab, click on 'Choose a power plan'.

4. Click on 'High Performance'.

5. Click on 'Change plan settings' to the right of your chosen plan.

6. Click 'Change advanced power settings' under where it says 'Put the computer to sleep'.

7. Expand the 'USB Settings' tabs.

8. Expand the 'USB selective suspend setting' tab.

9. Click on where it says 'Setting: Enabled'.

10. Use the drop-down menu to change it to 'Disabled'.

11. Click the 'Apply' button.

12. Click the 'OK' button.

13. Click the 'Save Changes' button.

After I did this, everything was good to go! I have listed some quality cables below that I fully entrust the welfare of my electronic devices to...and I rarely buy new cords or devices due to lack of money so this says a lot!

Amazon Basics USB-C charging cable: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6677967

What to search for on Amazon if this link doesn’t work: Type in the Amazon search bar ‘amazon basics USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 male charger cable’ and you will find all of the options available! Don’t type the ‘’ though!

Cost: It varies from $6.99 to $13.88, depending on the chosen length and color.

Available lengths: 3 feet, 6 feet and 9 feet.

Available colors: Black and white.

Why I personally like it: It’s not hard on the wallet and it’s pretty durable. I have been using the same cord to charge my phone at home since I had my Samsung S8 and it hasn’t worn out yet!

WiRo Tech USB-C fast charging cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07582695...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6677967

What to search for on Amazon if this link doesn’t work: Type in the Amazon search bar ‘wirotech usb c to usb a fast charging cable’ and you will find all of the options available! Don’t type the ‘’ though!

Cost: It varies from $11.99 to $19.99, depending on the chosen length and color. Not all colors are available in all lengths.

Available lengths: 1 foot, 6 feet and 10 feet.

Available colors: Black, jet black, black & white, white, red, red & black, red & white, coral, orange, orange & black, orange & green, green, lime green, purple & green, purple, yellow, hot pink, light pink, blue & white, light blue and blue.

Why I personally like it: It’s not the cheapest charging cord, but it’s very durable as well. I’ve been using the same cord to charge my phone in the car and on my computer since I had my Samsung S8. It’s still going strong!

Anker charging cable for iPhones and iPods: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...f=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What to search for on Amazon if this link doesn’t work: Type in the Amazon search bar 'anker powerline braided lightning cable' or 'anker powerline 2 braided lightning cable' and you will find all of the options available! Don’t type the ‘’ though! There is an 'anker powerline 3 braided lightning cable', but I haven’t bought any of those yet.

Cost: For the original Powerline ones, it varies from $11.99 to $17.99, depending on the chosen length and color. For the Powerline 2 ones, it varies from $16.99 to $21.99, depending on the chosen length and color. Not all colors are available in all lengths.

Available lengths: For the original Powerline ones: 1 foot, 3.3 feet, 6 feet and 10 feet. For the Powerline 2 ones: 1 foot, 3 feet, 6 feet and 10 feet.

Available colors: For the original Powerline ones: Grey, black, white, red and golden. For the Powerline 2 ones: Black, white, red, gold and silver.

Why I personally like it: While they aren't the cheapest cable out there, they are pretty thickly braided, very durable and come in more than two colors. Apple cords tend to get harder use as well, so finding quality goods is important unless you want to constantly be buying charging cords. The originals work just as well as the newer ones; the difference is that the older ones usually come in 2 packs for the same money as you would pay for a single cord. Make sure to select the braided ones, as there are two versions! However, I’m not sure if they'll work with an iPad, as those require more power. (These are only for the new lightning-pin Apple devices!)

And before anyone asks me: No, I don’t work for Amazon or any of these companies. I am also not affiliated with any of them in any way. I just know that finding quality charging cords is difficult, and nobody wants to buy something, wait for it to arrive in the mail, find out it doesn’t work and have to return it.
So I’m sharing some information about things I have actually purchased and used. If the links don’t work, it’s because I got them while signed into my Amazon account. All of the above information is current at the time of this post (October 25, 2019.) You’re welcome, everybody!
:D

DamnDamnster

Sep 23, 2020
Visit site
Just to be more specific, the phones charges, but if I want to use it as media device, I'm told you have to unlock it, fine, but when I finally get to see my storage on my PC screen, after a couple seconds it disconnects, meaning I don't see it anymore, anywhere on my PC, but phone still charges.
Couple of seconds afterwards, back up again..as you imagine, backing up photos/videos is impossible, I don't have the time to transfer huge amount of data before I'm prompt with a message telling me it has been cancelling due to not finding the file anymore..

Can anybody help me out ? Or maybe redirect me towards a more appropriate forum.

Thank you.

I discovered that plugging it into the back of your computer works best because those usb ports are directly attatched to the motherboard and can handle a bigger load

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere