My Galaxy Z Fold 4 nightmare and why I'm skipping the Galaxy Z Fold 5

FireHazzrd

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Was listening to the pod and my blood started boiling as well. My daughter dropped a PS3 (so pretty light) controller on the screen from about 3" up. Started as a couple of goofy pixels in the center, but after 2 folds lit a whole line of pixels purple. I have Asurion which advertises a $29 screen repair. When filing the claim, they say it will be $275 for a replacement phone, as it's not on the approved list. The "approved" list was last updated in May 2022. UBreakIFix will fix it, (owned my Asurion) but they want $550. Been using it since launch, and am extremely disappointed.

Attachments

• 20230808_114455.jpg
    20230808_114455.jpg
    924.9 KB · Views: 11

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Was listening to the pod and my blood started boiling as well. My daughter dropped a PS3 (so pretty light) controller on the screen from about 3" up. Started as a couple of goofy pixels in the center, but after 2 folds lit a whole line of pixels purple. I have Asurion which advertises a $29 screen repair. When filing the claim, they say it will be $275 for a replacement phone, as it's not on the approved list. The "approved" list was last updated in May 2022. UBreakIFix will fix it, (owned my Asurion) but they want $550. Been using it since launch, and am extremely disappointed.

Try Samsung experience Store if u have one near you . Ibreakufixit 50/50 results

Reactions: Laura Knotek

FireHazzrd

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Try Samsung experience Store if u have one near you . Ibreakufixit 50/50 results
I'm in Oregon, so that's not much of an option. I have an S23U as well that I will be using, likely just selling off the Fold at a huge loss, it's just not worth it unfortunately. I worked for them a few years ago, and this is at least my 12th Fold/Note/S phone, never had any issues. I am amazed this inside screen is that fragile.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm in Oregon, so that's not much of an option. I have an S23U as well that I will be using, likely just selling off the Fold at a huge loss, it's just not worth it unfortunately. I worked for them a few years ago, and this is at least my 12th Fold/Note/S phone, never had any issues. I am amazed this inside screen is that fragile.
Unfortunately all Foldable devices are fragile and have to be treated with little more care than standard phones.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I have owned Samsung phones, accessories & appliances for years. Started out with the Samsung N2.... actually started with the Samsung Omni. But due to my numerous horrendous experiences with their customer service last year (very similar to the OP/ author's experience), spending hours & hours on phone, getting transferred here & there, being told different things every time, never getting resolution, etc ... I will not buy another Samsung product. They need to step up their customer support big time!