My Headphone is very low on my Nexus 6P

Tevin Jones

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 6P's music volume is so very low compare to my iPod. I am using a beats by dre cord studio headphone and the volume is lower than ipod. Can i fix that?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a low volume headset coupled with Google's desire to not deafen you. (One good blast can reduce your hearing by 100db PERMANENTLY. How do I know? Even my hearing aids aren't like working ears. After decades in a noisy industry, I'm practically deaf. (You learn to read lips without realizing that you did.) My left ear went out from a single blast of a didgeridoo about 150 feet away. (A 10 foot long one is VERY loud when it's aimed at you.)

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you listening to your music stored locally on the 6P or are you streaming it from an app like spotify. Reason I ask is if your music is on your phone rather than streaming to your phone then I would recommend the poweramp app. You can use the pre-amp gain under eq settings taking the volume to a satisfactory level without distortion.

Also, I know the google music app has an EQ under settings which can boost the volume levels.

As for various volume booster apps, I've found that they don't do much for boosting the output on my 6P. Maybe someone else knows one that actually works.

Edit...

This article just came about dealing with apps that provide a system wide volume boost. Worth a shot!

http://www.androidcentral.com/best-equalizer-apps-android

Last edited:

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The 6p is known to have weak output from its headphone jack. It's good quality audio, but it's just not loud enough. I got around the problem by rooting my phone and using a custom kernel to boost the output and now it's more than loud enough!

This is the best part about owning a Nexus. If you don't like something about your phone, 90% of the time you can fix it with root and a kernel, ROM, or an xposed module.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I am using the earbuds I got with my M9 and they are plenty loud with the 6P. At least as loud and the M9 is supposed to have a better amp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flower_tunnel65